• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

AGU Members Questions Answered

Bryan

Technical Support
Welcome to all who came from AGU.

Some of the more recent members from AGU have been messaging me with some questions, I thought it would be better to answer them here for all to see. I am the creator and maintainer of both sites and have hosted them since their creation and through different owners.

1. What is LITW?
Life in the wilderness actually spawned from the Airgun Universe a few years back and shares many members and some staff. It covers a wider range of topics beyond airguns.

2. Is my personal info safe!
Yes, it has not moved as this is the same server/hosting as AGU and nobody on this site including the owners have access to it beyond what is publicly visible or what you make visible, the only exception to this is IP addresses which are automatically removed periodically.

3. Why the merger?
This was a tough one, much harder than you can imagine as ideally they would have remained separate entities, the sad truth though is that AGU was declining in activity rapidly to the point where the costs were hard to justify, Coypu Hunter had kept the site online at his own personal expense but with ever increasing costs, there's a point where you can no longer justify the spend. A merger was not the first choice but it was the best way to keep all the content from AGU online and is much more preferable to AGU closing down forever in the near future.

A little history for those who are new and have not followed the saga, try to keep up it may get confusing!

On the 21st May 2000 a site called the Land Rover UK Forums was created (Land Rover UK Forums).
The Airgun Universe splintered off from the Land Rover site in August 2004 after a dispute amongst the owners.
Airgun Universe became Active Shooter a few years later after a dispute between the owners (are you seeing a pattern?)
Most of the original AGU staff/members remained on Active Shooter, some splintered off to a site that later died a death.
Active Shooter splintered off into the Bushcraft Forum and both ran side by side for a while
Bushcraft forum also later splintered off into The Preppers Forum
Active Shooter later returned to being named Airgun Universe
The Preppers Forum merged back into The Bushcraft Forum
The Bushcraft Forum became Life In The Wilderness
AGU merged into Life In The Wilderness.

So at this point, LITW is actually The Bushcraft Forum, The Preppers Forum, Active Shooter and Airgun Universe which all stem from the original forum of Land Rover UK! The Land Rover Site is also on this same server and is maintained by myself.

Any other questions, fire away!

Back