• Welcome to Life In The Wilderness

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

AGU The story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
So this is what happened and why :zipped:

Back in February this year i was approached by Bryan asking me if i was interested in buying back AGU from Keith (i owned it many years ago ) .

I did some thinking and was 50/50 as the cost of keeping a forum going was getting very expensive and i wasn't sure i wanted to take on the extra cost's let alone pay Keith as well :thumbsup:

my options were

A do nothing and let the AGU go to wall and close

B Buy it and keep things as they were (whilst swallowing up the financial hit every month hoping it would turn around )

c buy it and merge with this forum so i only had 1 set of bill's coming out of the bank (even though my storage costs all but doubled over night:eek: )

After mulling over my options for a few days and having a good think of the best way forward for the forums to continue on the nett i made a decision which was best for both forums and me financially..

As you all know i went for option C and the rest his history :)

With out me stepping in at the last minute AGU would have closed and been deleted from the nett :(

The running costs for a forum of the size of AGU and LITW is around £1000 a year all in ... The donation's i get in via the donation button don't even cover a third of the cost's (DONT TELL MY MISS,S ) .

So at the moment I'm stumping up around £700 a year out of my own pocket to keep this forum going :eek:

so when i see none donating members moaning about the changes that have happened here and across the board it gets me a bit rattled and a tad upset that all my efforts to keep the content/forums going to a fashion are not being appreciated....

So rather than moaning about it IF they had donated whilst it was still AGU they would probably still had a forum .

sorry guys i just needed to get this of my chest :thumbsup:

THIS POST IS NOT OPEN FOR REPLYS ....

FEEL free to pm me with any concerns or issues ....

IM of for a lie down in a darkened room :rofl:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.