• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Alcohol stove Advice needed

Woodlander

Very Addicted
Hi folks.
Been buying new kit lately as a treat to myself. My cook kit setup is now almost all stainless steel. Apart from the brass trangia knockoff! I'm looking at the Tatonka s/s version and as it a little pricey, I was wondering does anyone on here have any experience with this particular make of burner? Plenty of online reveiws but im dubious of the online ones, but I trust you lot:evileye::rofl:

Don't have any experience with that particular stove but think it's very expensive for what it is..... Think the wee triangia triangle is as good as anything for a quick brew in the woods👍

Not in the market for steam or magic beans at the moment. Im keeping my thoughts of cows to swap to myself as I know of a couple 🤣 im just letting my ocd take over and as my stove, cook pot and spork are all S/S im being a tart and want the burner to match! Great help you lot are! :D

Reactions: Bam
Not in the market for steam or magic beans at the moment. Im keeping my thoughts of cows to swap to myself as I know of a couple 🤣 im just letting my ocd take over and as my stove, cook pot and spork are all S/S im being a tart and want the burner to match! Great help you lot are! :D

Mate do what I do, put it on a list and after a couple drinkipoos visit the list again. In the wonderful world of drunk, it will seem like an ESSENTIAL purchase, why the hell wouldn't you want to go all stainless steel. Buy it ! Buy it NOW !

At least that's how it works for me.

I'm willing to reduce the price of the magic beans if that helps. ;)

SPORK!!!!!SPORK indeed...please tell me this a wind up...please

Sporks are what you give toddlers when they are learning to use eating utensils, adults use a knife, fork and spoon.

The spork word has turned me, put me off my Oxtail stew I've got in the slow cooker.

B&M are selling stainless steel KFS sets for a quid, there you go, they match your kit throw away the S***k in the bin or give it to a little toddler.

SPORK!!!!!SPORK indeed...please tell me this a wind up...please

Sporks are what you give toddlers when they are learning to use eating utensils, adults use a knife, fork and spoon.

The spork word has turned me, put me off my Oxtail stew I've got in the slow cooker.

B&M are selling stainless steel KFS sets for a quid, there you go, they match your kit throw away the S***k in the bin or give it to a little toddler.

While I always have a SAK on me and an Opinel in my mess kit, for most camping scrans I can manage fine with a spork. I flee to the woods to escape the trappings of suburban living like a knife and fork (and soap, toothpaste etc). :lol:

Buy it now ...... it’s the most satisfying thing you can do with one finger :D well that and a good nose bolder hunt:whistle:

Aye have a number of sporks from my rat packs...... Think the ruperts get a cutlery set and napkins😁..... And the dog just has to lick clean the one item🐶

When you're in the mob you go out the way to do you own thing, preferably a civvy route, its only after you leave that you start to really appreciate some of the gear you were issued.

You've got to admire the dugs on that, I mean, if you could, you would. ;)

Ruperts did not get cutlery lol

Sorry, I detest sporks, I've got a real bug about good table manners, whether dining at home or in the field so the mere idea of using a spork makes my teeth grind.

Ruperts did not get cutlery lol

Sorry, I detest sporks, I've got a real bug about good table manners, whether dining at home or in the field so the mere idea of using a spork makes my teeth grind.
I usually use KFS im all honesty i mostly is3 a spoon one of my carved ones. The spork is just for show. Used it once in the house to eat ice cream. Dont get on with it tbh

The other reason I was looking at the Tatonka was i solder sealed my trangia one and burnt the wick (which i did not know it had!) inside during the process. It doesnt bloom properley now so is knackered and needs replacing

Be interested to see how you get on with the Tatonka burner Jon and how it compares performance wise to the Trangia.........heard good things about them :thumbsup:

Be interested to see how you get on with the Tatonka burner Jon and how it compares performance wise to the Trangia.........heard good things about them :thumbsup:

Do you think there would be any difference ? I guess if its a different shape or something maybe.... I've not noticed any difference between my proper trangia pot and the cheap ones.

Back