• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Aldi - Twig stove?

G1ZmO

Site Manager
Staff member
Bought this in Aldi for £3.99 - It's advertised as a dog treat tin but I'm sure it's a stove :D

Internal diameter: 13cm

2019-11-05 21.13.54.jpg

That reminds me I have one that I made many a year ago, totally forgotten about it.

... checks shed, yes it is still there ...

I should take it out for a play, on my next hike/camp.

... looks at calendar, weather forecast and a cunning plan is forming ...

There is a cheap and simple tool called a tank cutter, used for cutting perfect holes in the side of steel water tanks...ideal for creating air holes in a steel bin.

On the previous version of the forum there was a young northern Irish lad who suggested filling tins with water and freezing them so they could be drilled without denting/crushing them. Not tried it personally but seems a sound plan.

On the previous version of the forum there was a young northern Irish lad who suggested filling tins with water and freezing them so they could be drilled without denting/crushing them. Not tried it personally but seems a sound plan.

Yep that would work

and mine lol, just used my angle grinder to cut a 3x3 inch hole about an inch from the bottom as a feed hole and it was ready to go

New one for me..... but sounds like it would work :thumbsup:

Well that looks darn tootin Paul........nice stove. :thumbsup:
Burning well too :)
Will offer a nice wee fire under the tarp as well mate:thumbsup:

Good job!!

Back