• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

All change.

Manthing

Administrator
Staff member
So, not done a deal of work with any of the air guns lately and had a swap around of scopes yesterday. The ultra was clover leafing holes after 6 shots rested at 20 yards, these pcps are a piece of pish, 1 dot hold over at 28 yards.
The new 77k and old faithful 97k on the other hand were about 20 pellets in before I got to under 40mm groups. Need to put a lot more time into the springers and stay on top of the practice and eventual use.
It was unusual for me to have all out together and I noticed how much weight affected the on target time. The ultra moved with every heart beat and was quite noticeable whereas the springers were a lot steadier, well until you squeeze the trigger šŸ¤£
Also noticed the noise the 77 was making, need to give it a clean and polish. The 97 is TBT'd with a short stroke extension but I might try another route for the sake of comparison.

Back