• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

ALO ALO CARP’ers

Managed a wee sneaky afternoon 😁😁
1DE23C17-2B96-4CB1-AC5C-6344A27FF3C9.jpeg

A nice looking fish Mark, there is a council owned lake near me that does day passes at a place called Llandrindod wells...there are some whoppers in there. The surroundings aren't anywhere near as pretty or peaceful because it's surrounded by roads or park footpath but it's a good set up with plenty of space between the pegs.

A nice looking fish Mark, there is a council owned lake near me that does day passes at a place called Llandrindod wells...there are some whoppers in there. The surroundings aren't anywhere near as pretty or peaceful because it's surrounded by roads or park footpath but it's a good set up with plenty of space between the pegs.

Always wanted to visit Wales 😁

So ! Yesterday I managed a wee fish for the carp, managed to stalk one and catch it on the surface. Biggest carp iv hit into, tore the line from the reel. Straight into the weed, then came the school boy error. I tightened the drag to keep the tension on “bad move” as when the fish ran again it snapped the line 😬 my heart was racing 😁

It will be there for another day Mark :thumbsup: good to hear you connected with a good one.
How was the weather.....did that cloud amount to anything?

It will be there for another day Mark :thumbsup: good to hear you connected with a good one.
How was the weather.....did that cloud amount to anything?

Hopefully I will catch it again bill, want my hook back there not cheep 😂

Weather wasn’t to bad started raining about 2ish and stopped 20 min after, a few cracks of thunder as well.

Long may it continue mate :thumbsup:

Just an observation you understand :whistle:............that landing net is a bit ambitious isn't it?........ye ken:rofl::p

Cheers mate 😁

Not anymore bill, a stood on it 🤷🏼‍♂️ To say it’s a little broken would be an understatement 😂

It’s the rules of the fishery buddy, unhooking mat and a 42” landing net

@Madriverrob this one’s for you buddy 👍🏻 Them biscuits worked a treat 😁 sooo much fun taking them of the surface, my heart was pounding 😂 At a guess a would say about 10lbs , lost another one after this one 🤷🏼‍♂️ Win some lose some
View attachment 22310

Excellent mate , not been for a while myself but think I might just have to get a session in this weekend or early next week …..

Excellent mate , not been for a while myself but think I might just have to get a session in this weekend or early next week …..

It’s a must 😁 am hinting to Sharon about going back up tomorrow 😁
Watching them take the biscuits round the hook bait was tense 😬 the one I lost, I didn’t cast to that one, took me buy surprise. The rod was at my feet so I could fire a few biscuits over and as soon as the biscuits hit the water the water exploded 😳

top Tip on the biscuits 👍🏻👍🏻

Back