• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Alpidex light weight camp bed.

Just to add to this post after trying the "Alpidex camp bed" out on a recent overnight trip.

Spent a very comfortable night on the bed....the anodised aluminium poles and legs are good quality....strong..... and easy and quick to assemble and dissemble.
The bed is plenty wide enough and holds you in place during the night......I will be adding a couple of bungee bands to help keep the matt in place.

I will admit to over reaching from it and it tried to tip me out....not far to fall though :whistle: :D

The leather pads did their job to help protect the groundsheet.
I was able to put up and take down the bed inside the cover of the shelter.

Is it worth the money?

As far as build quality and materials goes....yes.
Personally a good nights supported and comfortable sleep off the ground is crucial to my enjoyment of the outdoors......so worth it for that reason as well.

Packs in its own bag and is very lightweight.

Recommended as a possible option especially for people with back problems.:thumbsup:

Have you seen the price......

BlackCapitalIrukandjijellyfish-size_restricted.gif

Attachments

• BlackCapitalIrukandjijellyfish-size_restricted.gif
    BlackCapitalIrukandjijellyfish-size_restricted.gif
    678.1 KB · Views: 17
They do seem to be thin on the ground at the moment.....register interest on "Amazon" perhaps?

Any other recommendations folks? Or even any 'avoid this' advice?
Just looking for a cheapish one that won't poke holes in the groundsheet of the IronWall and won't collapse or flip me out during the night.
Cheers

Any other recommendations folks? Or even any 'avoid this' advice?
Just looking for a cheapish one that won't poke holes in the groundsheet of the IronWall and won't collapse or flip me out during the night.
Cheers
you can get the camp beds the same as the 1 bill bought from allyexpress for not to much coin ....

i will be bringing one of theses for use in my teepee https://www.amazon.co.uk/Highlander-FUR008-OG-Camp-Bed-Olive/dp/B0025YIAP6/ref=sr_1_14?crid=1XBKA7MMPM3GY&dchild=1&keywords=camp+bed+single&qid=1632935329&sprefix=camp+bed,aps,236&sr=8-14

Yep, pretty much the same as the one I have here but I remembered that the material had ripped last time I used it which is why I'm searching for a replacement.
I think the Highlander one is probably the best option.
I have the other one similar to this below but I'm concerned about poking holes in the groundsheet on soft ground and would be very awkward to get it into the tipi.
mil-tec_field_bed_cot_blue_ALL_1C_1.jpg

Attachments

• mil-tec_field_bed_cot_blue_ALL_1C_1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 13
Yep, pretty much the same as the one I have here but I remembered that the material had ripped last time I used it which is why I'm searching for a replacement.
I think the Highlander one is probably the best option.
I have the other one similar to this below but I'm concerned about poking holes in the groundsheet on soft ground and would be very awkward to get it into the tipi.
The one you have pictured ubove will be to tall for the iron wall...

Attachments

• mil-tec_field_bed_cot_blue_ALL_1C_1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 13
The one you have pictured ubove will be to tall for the iron wall...
In cold climates tend to use a roll mat on top of them as they can be a bit chilly due to cold air getting trapped underneath them.

The originals were also a bugger to assemble if your less than 6 feet tall. I always considered it a good day if I had put one together and still had all my fingers attached.

Try Decathlon, not exactly the same but some choice and speedy delivery ( usually )

Back