• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Alpidex Ultralight Cot Camping Bed

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Thought I would share this review of the "Alpidex Lightweight Camp Bed".
For the price tag this is a strong and comfortable.....well made bed.
Very easy to put together and take down.....comes with its own bag.
All the materials and how it has been produced are pretty top notch.

I have used this bed a few times now and had some good nights sleep on it off the ground.
If the weather is wet and windy it is easy to set the bed up inside most tents due to its design.
The bed is pretty low profile so would suit Tee Pee type tents with low...... or no walls.
The feet are fairly bathtub ground sheet friendly and the users weight is distributed along the length of the bed.
Personally I have added and made up some leather patches for each foot (3 inch square) that can be added and removed using self adhesive heavy duty velcro to add further protection for the groundsheet.

I can whole heartedly recommend the product to anyone looking out for a camped.

Thought I would share this review of the "Alpidex Lightweight Camp Bed".
For the price tag this is a strong and comfortable.....well made bed.
Very easy to put together and take down.....comes with its own bag.
All the materials and how it has been produced are pretty top notch.

I have used this bed a few times now and had some good nights sleep on it off the ground.
If the weather is wet and windy it is easy to set the bed up inside most tents due to its design.
The bed is pretty low profile so would suit Tee Pee type tents with low...... or no walls.
The feet are fairly bathtub ground sheet friendly and the users weight is distributed along the length of the bed.
Personally I have added and made up some leather patches for each foot (3 inch square) that can be added and removed using self adhesive heavy duty velcro to add further protection for the groundsheet.

I can whole heartedly recommend the product to anyone looking out for a camped.

stop this now.................................pleeeease :(:confused::confused: :rofl:

(good job that it can't be found in stock anywhere........because it might just be big enough for me and cheap enough for me and light enough for me and small enough to pack for me..................:poo:)

How many reviews and photos do you want Laurence :eek: I have already put a few pictures and a sort of review up:rofl:

Try and keep up now :rofl:

I'm a poor old boy.....thanks to you lot......... and being Cornish, living in Suffolk, born and raised in West Africa....where in that do you think I'm gonna be quick????:rolleyes:

Is there a link perchance, dear Samaritan?

...."sort of a review"?..........I need the facts. The facts and only the facts, ma'am. I'm George ma'am, and I'm going to stop that dragon with my .45 calibre sword..........(for those with a looong memory)

"Is there a link perchance, dear Samaritan?"

@lol

I bought mine from Amazon Laurence.....but as you say they are sold out there as well now.
Found one similar.....reviews are mixed as they usually are.
No experience of this one in the link......up to you.....might be worth a look?
If not fit for purpose......send it back.

Or......wait until the other one is available again....leave a message and ask to be notified if they come back for sale. :thumbsup:

"Is there a link perchance, dear Samaritan?"

@lol

I bought mine from Amazon Laurence.....but as you say they are sold out there as well now.
Found one similar.....reviews are mixed as they usually are.
No experience of this one in the link......up to you.....might be worth a look?
If not fit for purpose......send it back.

Or......wait until the other one is available again....leave a message and ask to be notified if they come back for sale. :thumbsup:
Was tempted by this but it's smaller than the Alpidex.......but they reckon it carries a 200kg bod.....but then some query this.
The Alpidex was quite a generous sized bed as come?

However, I did mean, was there a link to YOUR photos and review??? šŸ¤”

Last edited:
Back