• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Alpkit cloud cover quilt review .....

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
I’ve had this quilt for a while now and thought I’d share my thoughts on it .....

Here’s the link with all the technical and sales blurb ......

It’s a lightweight and versatile alternative to a full sleeping bag. 750+ fill power hydrophobic goose down quilt costing £99.

I have been using mine more recently and it’s proving to be a versatile bit of kit , lightweight, compact , warm and comfy . In its sleeping bag configuration it’s a little narrow for me ( I’m stocky 😳) but as a quilt or over blanket it’s brilliant , the material is soft to touch and it wraps around really well , I’ve used it in my hammock and inside a bivvy bag and in conjunction with an inflatable mat it works great . It can also be used as a woobie or as a hammock under blanket .

I know at £99 you could get a sleeping bag and that’s fine but the versatility of the cloud cover makes this an option for some and I for one am impressed with it.

Here’s a few pictures for you .......

993D298F-CF05-42A6-875E-38F6DA53F612.jpeg
80BEEE78-E6EF-44CE-811B-4287A8400097.jpeg
8406513C-0B5B-49D6-A3A4-7750FBAE65C0.jpeg
89D1DF54-69CB-4C8D-B94A-76F6DD9FF9CA.jpeg
68EB1680-1BA1-4993-B7AC-9C965FE6397D.jpeg

Good review, this looks like an excellent piece of kit, have you tried it in conjunction with another sleeping bag in extreme cold conditions?
The other Alpkit sleeping bags are rather tempting. Pricey but on paper their performance looks really good.

Good review, this looks like an excellent piece of kit, have you tried it in conjunction with another sleeping bag in extreme cold conditions?
The other Alpkit sleeping bags are rather tempting. Pricey but on paper their performance looks really good.

Yes I like Alpkit gear , I have a sky high 500 bag from them , the quilt works well as an additional layer providing perhaps another season .

Back