• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Alternative to stitching in the field

Takes the fear out off the fact bill 👍🏻 Looks a little fiddly tho but I think it’s a top tip, just watched a couple of the guys vids, he’s got another subscriber now lol

Mark, if you don't fancy getting all John Rambo and stitching yourself up I would suggest a small card of steri strips or butterfly wound closure strips in your FAK. they're cheap and absolutely zero faffing about. We also have a staple gun for wound closure but it has only ever been used on the dogs.

Mark, if you don't fancy getting all John Rambo and stitching yourself up I would suggest a small card of steri strips or butterfly wound closure strips in your FAK. they're cheap and absolutely zero faffing about. We also have a staple gun for wound closure but it has only ever been used on the dogs.

Will look for them mate 👍🏻 however John Rambo style dose have an appealing side to it 😊

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bam
i have and have used these often. great little things but you need to be sure the area is clean and dry before you apply them else they're lipstick on a monkey's bum for all the good they do. i can see where the duct tape idea would have the merit of covering a larger area and thus have a better chance at staying stuck.

i keep some duct tape on my ferro-rod but i think i'll add some to the FAK to keep it clean(er) and ready for that use.

Absolutely. Also superglue can be effective.

Absolutely. Also superglue can be effective.
I've had medical grade cyanocrylate glue on a head wound before now and I must say it stung worse than some bugger pouring vinegar would have done. The nurse first pushed the edges of scalp together then glued strands of hair from each side of the wound before glueing the length of the cut.
Effective but messy and I have a very obvious scar 25 years later.

Back