• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Altoids Tins

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
Just been inspired by a post elsewhere 🤬 . Anyone else like an Altoids tin survival kit ? Useful for fire kit , mini stove , survival kit or fishing kit .

Here’s a few of mine , what have you guys got ?

CBB12EA7-FA8C-4C61-A8CE-B642BDE69C9B.jpeg
68B2AD49-7C39-43CC-8E98-578487509DD5.jpeg
9EBD953A-E367-4FA9-8A08-0D6C6AD03347.jpeg

Nicely done, I'm deffo putting a small fishing kit together for next year, time we caught supper ;)

Which reminds me off topic but early on in the year I'm going to do a 3 day coastal survival course, fish and forage for edibles on land, you up for something ?

Nicely done, I'm deffo putting a small fishing kit together for next year, time we caught supper ;)

Which reminds me off topic but early on in the year I'm going to do a 3 day coastal survival course, fish and forage for edibles on land, you up for something ?

Wasn’t there a fella in the North East offering courses ? I’m in 👍🏻

I've a couple small tins I'll stick stuff in without them being 'survival kits'. I've seen plenty of these on youtube and actually opted for carrying two wallets instead as I thought pulling a wallet out with useful stuff looks less 'weird' in an urban setting. If I'm out in the sticks I'll have gear anyway. I do like these sort of things though.

Your thread is quite timely though, I've got a 5.56 bandolier that looks like it would be perfect for 5 Altoid like tins and it has made me think that it could be an 'ultimate spare' set of gear, it will probably remain a flight of fancy though.

Back