• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Am I the only weirdo...

Spock

Quite Obsessed
That loves the Groundhogs?

I've still to meet the person that's even heard of them. :(

Reactions: lol
They're from a bit before my time but that doesn't mean that I think you're a weirdo. You're going to have to do much better than that buddy...I've known some pretty strange people over the years.

:thumbsup: just had a search on YouTube and if your talking about the band.....then yes Spock..Maby a tad weird :rofl::rofl: there a mix between Floyd and the doors.

There not to bad sir :D

My favourite album of all time is 'Thank Christ for the Bomb' by the Groundhogs - in particular, the last 4 tracks - which I reckon most preppers would probably immediately relate to. :D

6) Garden
7) Status People
8) Rich Man, Poor Man
9) Eccentric Man

I bought my first album 'Split' in 1971, just before I met my lovely wee wife. After we moved to West Germany in 74' and having two kids, I bought the album again cos I left the other back home due to weight carriage. After a wee bit of investigation about the band I realised that it was their second album so I sought the first which was 'Thank Christ for the Bomb'.

I tried the German music shops - which were fantastic at sourcing the most obscure albums. Sadly, they couldn't get it cos it was 'discontinued' - bugger.

We had a great young English mate that was always rooting about the local flea markets, so I asked him to look out for the above album and within 6 months he'd found it in almost new condition! I played it regularly and quickly fell in love with it, much preferring it to the 2nd album. After a wee while he asked to borrow it and I never saw it again - I once asked him "where's my Groundhogs album?" He said, "what? You mean my album!" Needless to say I never saw it again. :(

The next time I heard it was when my son bought the cd for my birthday many years later. :D:D:D

Here's a wee taster:-

I recently went canoeing with a friend who had a member of Groundhogs play at their wedding........................

Was it Tony?
No names, I'd have to kill you...........:lol:

-if you mean was my friend called Tony...no, and in truth, I can't remember who it was from the band.........

Yes heard of groundhogs! And prairie dogs Used to watch these videos when I was a teen ( not anymore! Makes me a bit queezy now I'm grown up!)

It's a bit like overkill even for rodents...definitely going much too far if you're just trying to get rid of musicians...I find that telling them the bar is closed will generally get them to move on.

It's a bit like overkill even for rodents...definitely going much too far if you're just trying to get rid of musicians...I find that telling them the bar is closed will generally get them to move on.
I agree Ystranc, would be a bit like shooting the pigeons in my garden with a 12 bore at 20 feet

Didn't realise till reading earlier posts it was about a band! Sorry folks bad call on my sense of humor.
No worries Woody, it gave me a laugh...how were you to know they were wittering on about obscure bands from the deep and distant past...just be thankful that the don't subject us to folk music or brass bands.

No worries Woody, it gave me a laugh...how were you to know they were wittering on about obscure bands from the deep and distant past...just be thankful that the don't subject us to folk music or brass bands.
Still worth shooting

I was wondering how long this would run, sorry Woodlander; but it did it did make me larf!! :lol::D:lol: :whistle:

Back