• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Amazon

KarWar

Slightly Talkative
I use Amazon to buy a lot of my less expensive equipment and i recently came across a little trick. i added a knife to my buy later list and it was there for about 6 weeks (price was £24.99). it then popped up as a flash sale buy now free delivery for £9. I don't no if this is a coincidence or a sales pitch from amazon as they knew i was watching it but its well worth a try.

I get that sometimes, I get a message on my emails "price reduced by" for something I put on my watch list.

I use Amazon to buy a lot of my less expensive equipment and i recently came across a little trick. i added a knife to my buy later list and it was there for about 6 weeks (price was £24.99). it then popped up as a flash sale buy now free delivery for £9. I don't no if this is a coincidence or a sales pitch from amazon as they knew i was watching it but its well worth a try.

The way this works is down to Amazon's FIFO warehouse system. In order to maximise space all warehouse systems work to avoid have a single (or a very few) item/s taking up a racking location (which is generally UK pallet sized - 1m x 1.2m x 1m high) and move stuff out at a discount to maximise the space, saving themselves money despite the cost of "writing off" the item from the books.

With a large organisation such as Amazon you can, if you are vigilant, work that to your advantage. I would however, urge everyone to cultivate relationships with small (local of possible) suppliers rather than support huge multinational companies (especially when it has been alleged that some of those large corporations avoid their full tax liabilities).

I think it's just the seller changing the price of the item, could be wrong though.

I fear you are wrong, unless it is a private seller/company selling via Amazon, but again, the same rules regarding stock control exist :)

Back