• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Ammo boxes

IAM ODIN

Extremely Talkative
Cheap enough :) 3 on order

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210107-173100_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210107-173100_Gallery.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 103
I've got a couple, I do keep stuff in them but for me they're more of a 'want' thing because they're cool rather than particularly practical. Keeping liquid fuel in them makes sense though. Where did you get them for a tenner IAM ODIN ???

I've got a few that once held fuses, I use them for chainsaw tools and parts. If you can get the bigger ones they make good mouse proof storage for tents etc.
I had a couple of those huge aluminium surplus air freight boxes but the other half nicked them as garden planters

I’ve inherited a bunch of keys from my dad; we’ve moved twice since I got them so the chances of them ever fitting anything seem remote!

Yep, one full of nuts and bolts and the other one full of pump and engine bits..Which leads me to question why keep spares for an engine that died 8 years ago...Must have a sort out...One day..😊
Weve all got boxes like that lol

If you can find any with US marking they sell at a premium price at military fairs. Those chaps that like strapping shovels to green jeeps seem to love them.
I sold some rusty WWII American .50 ammunition cans at an antique fair at Malvern wells and I think they may have been too cheap at £25 each... They were gone in minutes

I had a friend back in Sussex who developed a well paying side line in wooden ammo boxes and crates. He made them from Pallet wood to exact dimensions and markings. He had an array of home made stencils for Russian , US and German stampings etc: A light battering with a length of chain gave them a 'used authentic' look.
He never passed them off as originals but they sold very well to the Re-enactment crowd and he also supplied TV and film production companies.

If you can find any with US marking they sell at a premium price at military fairs. Those chaps that like strapping shovels to green jeeps seem to love them.
I sold some rusty WWII American .50 ammunition cans at an antique fair at Malvern wells and I think they may have been too cheap at £25 each... They were gone in minutes
I have access to american ones £20 each

Great idea painting one red for the flammables, I'm sure I have a spare ammo box kicking round the garage so will do that.
I just painted the lids
Red for liquid fuel
Blue for gas
Beige for food like pasta meals etc
Green for fresh food.
I put a thin foam box and egg holder from a fridge inside in the base.

Back