• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Ammunition Famine

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
:eek: Shock horror, there is currently a famine of smallbore ammunition in the UK, I'm unaffected by it as I'd just stocked up to my max (seems I bought the last case of CCI in the county lol) but many shooters are having problems due to importers messing about because of currency fluctuations.:eek:

It just goes to to show all the little ways that Brexit and the Brexit negotiations can fuck us up.:rolleyes:

Hi all, I'm new here. I'm still able to get .22LR rimfire rounds such as CCI and also Eley Subs, which are my first choice. I often struggle to find my preferred 117g Federal .25-06 Rem rounds. No issues as yet finding 55g .223 Rem rounds though. Shotgun ammo, both 20G and 12G are readily available

Our government would like to restrict ammo, they are doing all they can to make it uncomfortable for law abiding licenced gun owners. Slowly bit by bit gun control is getting worse & worse.
Keith.

We do already have a restriction on rifle ammunition. There is a maximum number of assembled rounds that I can be in possession of at any one time. However there is currently no limit to how many components for self loading or reloading I can hold at any time. There is also currently no restriction on shotgun ammunition containing more than 5 shot per shell.

Hi all, I'm new here. I'm still able to get .22LR rimfire rounds such as CCI and also Eley Subs, which are my first choice. I often struggle to find my preferred 117g Federal .25-06 Rem rounds. No issues as yet finding 55g .223 Rem rounds though. Shotgun ammo, both 20G and 12G are readily available
I also like the Eley subsonic for close in shooting, it's very quiet and doesn't foul up the bore like many other makes do. The only reasons that I use the CCI is that they produce the segmented hollowpoint which is a good safety precaution for .22LR and the muzzle velocity is similar to the Hornady .22LR subsonic that my scope is matched to.

Back