• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Amok ??

Myself I don't like hammock sleeping but did like the look of these.

This video may make you push the button @Ark79

I have tried one, very awkward to get in imho, you have to get in and out using chair mode, also, I don't think you can get an underquilt for them, I'm prepared to be proven wrong on that though.

If you can get an underquilt for it then it will Probably be the same price as the hammock lol

so @Bopdude i take it once your in it in chair mode you can slide into sleeping mode or is there more faffing about with that also ?

To be honest, I don't see the point..it seems too expensive and has a lot of stress points compared to a normal hammock that you could also sit crosswise in to use as a seat.
I'm sure it's very comfortable but I don't actually require a level of comfort similar to an armchair. I'm as likely to sit on a log or a kneeling mat.
And remember that is £317 probably plus 26% import duty and handling fees.

Centre of balance looks a bit critical 🤔 if your a restless sleeper and move about a bit in your sleep......I don't think it would take much to tip you out if your body weight shifted to the top or bottom.
Nice idea though :thumbsup:

@Ark79 all the adjustment is done via cables or straps can't remember which,that you pull.
@1 shot willie not sure but I think they are pretty stable and give s flat lay.

Still, very expensive as said.

Hi Al.

Probably be fine mate........like anything.....it just takes getting used to......and I have no experience of them at all.....it was just an observation :thumbsup:

Another clip here @Ark79 .......the guy has made a few mods to his Amok set up.....and offers up a few tips and tricks :thumbsup:
He gets in and out of the Amok with confidence........confirming its stability.
Re the cost 🤔........its kind of on parr with what a ground dweller might pay for a decent 4 season tent🤔
For a dedicated Hammock user it ticks the boxes......and the flat lay option is a bonus.

Come on now mate......hit the button......the pain will pass quickly :D...........the scars however 🤭 🤔

Back