• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

An afternoon stroll

Bam

Extremely Addicted
We took ourselves out for a wee wander round Devilla forest today, blow the cobwebs off and for me to have a trial with my new boots. We stumbled across this place.

IMG_20191228_134008.jpg

I knew it was there, just never seen it. Someone has gone to a lot of effort, I know the Scouts do stuff fairly close so I'm guessing its them rather than some dudes 'bug out location'.

The dugs were loving it, lots of good sniffies and opportunities for swims.

IMG_20191228_145339.jpg

Although best to avoid this lad....

IMG_20191228_134606.jpg

We saw deer too, too quick for me to get the phone out though. Its a great place for mushrooms although we're out of season really, we did see some 'horses hoof' stuff though.

IMG_20191228_145757.jpg

We were mostly 'off piste' following wee trails, great for me trying out my boots but 'the Princess' got a bit fed up with it. She was stoic though, no tears and snotters...... unfortunately the phots are too big to load. Booooo !

I did manage to get a few of the mutts though, they were much more appreciative of the their afternoon out.

IMG_20191228_142748.jpg

IMG_20191228_150943.jpg

As for the boots, they were ok, first time in a while I've felt boots rub my heels but they're 'Harry brand spankers' and over time I reckon they'll ease off. They'll be great for bushcraft type stuff, reinforced toe caps and that but maybe not the best for walking up hills. More research required on that front. It was a good wee walk out and more of the same is in order.

IMG_20191228_141116.jpg

Great photos..happy doggies..:D

Is that Baling Twine they've used at the camp, Bam? With all those tied joints, it would cost a mortgage if they'd used paracord...:lol:

• Haha
Reactions: Bam
Great photos..happy doggies..:D

Is that Baling Twine they've used at the camp, Bam? With all those tied joints, it would cost a mortgage if they'd used paracord...:lol:

Aye, it was just the cheap nylon stuff. It does the job though.

Not sure Ricky, is that water in the background the reed filled wee loch with the swans or the reservoir bit up the back. The set up I showed was not far from the swan loch, just 10 mins or so from the car park.

Back