• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

An early wake up

Gulfalan67

Very Addicted
Hope all are well

I was woken at 3am this morning by The Boy. He had found an echidna that had wandered into our camp.

I realised he had maybe never seen an echidna before. For those who don't know, an echidna is similar to a hedgehog in UK, just a bit larger. And it lays eggs.

Echidnas are not particularly rare but being nocturnal wanderers you rarely see them. It was my first observation here around the house.

The Boy was pretty good with the thing. Sat over it whined and poked it a couple of times with his paw.

I assured him all was well and took him back indoors with me for the remainder of the night.

Cheers

Alan

Wildlife is always nice to see, wish sometimes though they would make it sociable hours lol, my 'boy' if he keeps waking me up between 2 and 5 is going to be looking for new lodgings, I'm knackered lmao

Back