• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

An ID

Am intrigued now. Can you suggest a book for uk edible and non edible plants. One I can carry in the field :thumbsup:

Am intrigued now. Can you suggest a book for uk edible and non edible plants. One I can carry in the field :thumbsup:

The woodland trust website and eatweeds.co.uk has a comprehensive list of forageable plants as well as what to avoid and how to prepare your bounty. Not a pocket guide but a good place to start.

I memorise a few species at a time and when out try and identify some of them by naming and photographing before going back to double check. Needless to say I dont forage yet but can spot a reasonable amount with relative confidence...

The woodland trust website and eatweeds.co.uk has a comprehensive list of forageable plants as well as what to avoid and how to prepare your bounty. Not a pocket guide but a good place to start.

I memorise a few species at a time and when out try and identify some of them by naming and photographing before going back to double check. Needless to say I dont forage yet but can spot a reasonable amount with relative confidence...

Al have a look. Cheers mate :thumbsup:

Another to learn of by heart is Giant Hogweed very nasty
Hog1.PNG

WARNING...any plant that produced a milky white sap should be treated as poisonous unless you are one hundred percent certain that its edible, dandelions produce a white sap and are edible but if you are not sure then leave well alone

Back