• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Ancient Aliens: Do you believe?

But doesn't that pose it's own question. If the Egyptians had help from aliens to build the pyramids why did the aliens let them struggle on with copper tools and manpower rather than supplying them with more advanced technology?
The Egyptians also used round stones ( i forget what they are called) to pound away rock and those stones and the tool marks made by them are still easily found.

But doesn't that pose it's own question. If the Egyptians had help from aliens to build the pyramids why did the aliens let them struggle on with copper tools and manpower rather than supplying them with more advanced technology?
The Egyptians also used round stones ( i forget what they are called) to pound away rock and those stones and the tool marks made by them are still easily found.
I’m glad you posted that before me, you put it better but I agree…

One comment I hear many times is along the lines of "considering how many galaxies , how many stars there are and how many planets there must be it's inconceivable that there can't be life out there" . I'd tend to agree with that statement but it's then a huge step to that life developing interstella travel and actually visiting us. Then there's the issue of distance. Space is big and if it is impossible to go faster than the speed of light then for all intents and purposes 99.9999 goodness knows how many 9's % of the universe is going to beyond the ability to travel in a person's lifetime. Thus barring some sort of suspended animation we're going to be limited to a relatively small bubble around our own planet even if we can get close to the speed of light.
Hi Baytree, I'm Adam.
You are correct in your post that the distances are prohibitive with our current tech, but you have to consider that we as a species
have been flying for a hundred and twenty years. There may be civilisations out there that are a thousand years older than us, or
possibly older than that.

I was splitting oak along the length of the trunk earlier and it occurred to me just how much labour that must have been for Mesolithic man to even fell a hardwood tree and split it into quadrants. Then think of carving out 3 ton sandstone blocks with stone or bronze tools. There were Mayan civilisations that didn’t even have the bronze but created close fitting masonry walls.
It’s taken us 10,000 years to go from stone axes to chainsaws

Last edited:
You mean Hammer-stones, and there is no answer to your question. I posed the question to highlight the quandary between what they had
and what was done. The best estimate from the engineering world is the Great Pyramid weighs 5.7 million tonnes, which is staggering for
a pre-iron age civilisation.

Hi Baytree, I'm Adam.
You are correct in your post that the distances are prohibitive with our current tech, but you have to consider that we as a species
have been flying for a hundred and twenty years. There may be civilisations out there that are a thousand years older than us, or
possibly older than that.
Yes you're also correct that we've made pretty big advances in a relatively short space of time. As I said distance really becomes a problem if the speed of light is an uncrossable barrier. If there are no wormholes, FTL or warp drives then we or any other civilisations are going to be limited for all practical purposes.
For what it's worth I do think there's other life out there and I can happily entertain the idea that we have been or are being visited it's just that I'm not 100% convinced.

That's it , hammer stones . I was thinking of something more fancy a name. I think without a doubt that the amount of human effort put into these constructions seems inconceivable to our minds or perhaps more to the point why so much effort was put into something for what seems( again to our minds) so little return.

I don't know if you are aware of what is called core 7, it is a cylinder of Red granite about 2 or 3 inches across and about 6 inches long.
What is so amazing about this core is it has a cutting spiral around the outside, the spiral continues from top to bottom with no breaks
and the gap between each mark is only about 2-3 mill. This can only be achieved using a high-speed diamond drill bit these days.

Yes i remember seeing that on one of those secrets/mysteries of the ancients type of programmes. It's one of those things that do make me go ummmm ...

My thoughts. For what they are worth, not a lot I suspect.
We are not alone. We may be being left alone.
We are like kids in a mud puddle compared to civilisations that have mastered transgalactic travel never mind intergalactic travel, we aren't even interplanetary and we think we know everything. For goodness sakes we can't even make regular return flights to our own moon.
Speed of light is just a number to be exceeded.
Trouble with us visiting or being visited is the microbes we live with quite happily could kill another species.
I can get the BBT on a galactic level but the whole universe???
We are a product of our environmental as other species will be s product of theirs.
There are no parallel universe's.

Sure I'll think of others.

My thoughts. For what they are worth, not a lot I suspect.
We are not alone. We may be being left alone.
We are like kids in a mud puddle compared to civilisations that have mastered transgalactic travel never mind intergalactic travel, we aren't even interplanetary and we think we know everything. For goodness sakes we can't even make regular return flights to our own moon.
Speed of light is just a number to be exceeded.
Trouble with us visiting or being visited is the microbes we live with quite happily could kill another species.
I can get the BBT on a galactic level but the whole universe???
We are a product of our environmental as other species will be s product of theirs.
There are no parallel universe's.

Sure I'll think of others.
That's a very bold statement manny " there are no parallel universes " there is no way at the moment
to put that question to bed.

https://vixra.org/pdf/1503.0182v1.pdf · PDF file
Interesting article on the core.
Manthing , my thoughts probably aren't worth much either but I tend to agree with the parallel universe thing. Those with more brains than I seem to have some acceptance of the idea but I tend to struggle with it.

Manthing , my thoughts probably aren't worth much either but I tend to agree with the parallel universe thing. Those with more brains than I seem to have some acceptance of the idea but I tend to struggle with it.
Thanks for that, but that seems absolute pie in the sky to me, that suggests the Egyptians had a comprehensive knowledge of
molecular chemistry. That is just my opinion, but it is grasping at straws for something that has no comprehensive solution yet.

It's only in "string theory" that the multiverse is considered viable.
On another theory what about other dimensions?

This is a block of andesite granite, one of the hardest rocks known to man. This is from Puma Punchu a Myan site in the Andes.
If you ignore the broken bits which are caused by some kind of destructive force that laid waste to the whole site.
The recesses are all equilateral and were supposed to be by the Myans, but they say it was not them it was the visitors (gods).
These blocks are interlocking with each other so the profiles had to be perfect.
The Myans had no metals at all (except gold).
How can this be without precision tools and knowledge of geometry or maths.

myan block.jpg

That's a very bold statement manny " there are no parallel universes " there is no way at the moment
to put that question to bed.
If you think about it, as I've been told a parallel universe is one where "we" exist but different due to the choices we make.
There are currently around 7 billion people on this planet and the dead out number the living by around 30 to 1, so we're at roughly 37 billion souls. If you only make 1 life changing decision that 37 billion parallel universe's, do they just pop into existence every time someone has a life changing moment? What constitutes the creation of a new universe? Having tea instead of coffee or not utilising birth control...
What about the ones where "we" don't exist or others do? Are the parallel universe's out there where my 3 other siblings survived to term and lived full lives?
Then there are all the other planets with self conscious life on, do they also get a set of parallel universe's?

Tremendous, certain memories remain of impossible to build structures. Unfortunately their historical names and locations don't. Pyramids of prefect mathematical precision in the depths of the deepest China Seas. Mathematical signatures unfathomable in complexity positioned globally. Undeniable but impossibly existing. I have an interest in signs, if you like similar to the Davinci Code and the last supper painting. The brothers and sister of Jesus and their children thereafter.
Gene science a map of evolutionary change.
A Gene named the Jesus Gene, super human immunity and abilities. Moses perhaps to name one..
Wasn't Moses born before Jesus.
In my mind clearly, such are a keys to unlock the doors of knowledge.
Evolutionary wise, still a long way off.

If you think about it, as I've been told a parallel universe is one where "we" exist but different due to the choices we make.
There are currently around 7 billion people on this planet and the dead out number the living by around 30 to 1, so we're at roughly 37 billion souls. If you only make 1 life changing decision that 37 billion parallel universe's, do they just pop into existence every time someone has a life changing moment? What constitutes the creation of a new universe? Having tea instead of coffee or not utilising birth control...
What about the ones where "we" don't exist or others do? Are the parallel universe's out there where my 3 other siblings survived to term and lived full lives?
Then there are all the other planets with self conscious life on, do they also get a set of parallel universe's?
I see what you are talking about now you have explained it, I agree with your premise about the thought of personal multiverses is far too
bazaar to contemplate.

Back