• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Ancient Aliens: Do you believe?

I see what you are talking about now you have explained it, I agree with your premise about the thought of personal multiverses is far too
bazaar to contemplate.
So what are you meaning by parallel universe's?

I’ve read some random sci-fi in my time and one of the better concepts addressed is for a species to achieve inter-stellar travel required to pop across a galaxy for a visit then they would be so technically advanced that we would seem to be the equivalent of a thrush bashing snails on a rock…. There may be some space merchandise shop somewhere selling mugs with a picture of earth and “nothing to see here written on it.”

Wasn't it the Hitchkiker's Guide that listed earth as "harmless" and later revised that to "mostly harmless"

If you think about it, as I've been told a parallel universe is one where "we" exist but different due to the choices we make.
There are currently around 7 billion people on this planet and the dead out number the living by around 30 to 1, so we're at roughly 37 billion souls. If you only make 1 life changing decision that 37 billion parallel universe's, do they just pop into existence every time someone has a life changing moment? What constitutes the creation of a new universe? Having tea instead of coffee or not utilising birth control...
What about the ones where "we" don't exist or others do? Are the parallel universe's out there where my 3 other siblings survived to term and lived full lives?
Then there are all the other planets with self conscious life on, do they also get a set of parallel universe's?
Yes that sort of parallel universe is one I can't believe even if it's a much loved idea of sci-fi . I've read Terry Prachett 's long earth books which have a string of earths one can move between but somehow was much less enjoyable that the flat earth on elephants on top of a turtle notion of some of his other books.
For the parallel universes that you describe there would have to be an infinite number of them and an infinite number of choices made and I remember reading that infinity is often viewed as a failure in mathematics at least if not science generally which is why the idea of an infinite universe is often talked down.

Thanks for that, but that seems absolute pie in the sky to me, that suggests the Egyptians had a comprehensive knowledge of
molecular chemistry. That is just my opinion, but it is grasping at straws for something that has no comprehensive solution yet.
Knowing that certain acids will affect rock is a bit away from molecular chemistry. You don't need to understand how it works as long as you know it works , bit like someone driving a car but not actually understanding how a ICE works.
If anything the idea seems just as plausible as saying the Egyptians had diamond drilling machines or alien tech. My biggest nagging doubt is the lack of archaeological evidence of advanced tools . Have any carbide tipped chisels been found , any steel tools , anything electrical or hydraulic or even things like nails and screws. I've spent a lot of my working life on building sites and tidy is not a word used very often. Things get dropped or lost but the only things lost in ancient Egypt seem to be low tech.

I’ve read some random sci-fi in my time and one of the better concepts addressed is for a species to achieve inter-stellar travel required to pop across a galaxy for a visit then they would be so technically advanced that we would seem to be the equivalent of a thrush bashing snails on a rock…. There may be some space merchandise shop somewhere selling mugs with a picture of earth and “nothing to see here written on it.”

Would answer what the UFO's are doing. It's the alien equilivelent of David Attenborough filming us for a wildlife series....

I like this thread been going a long time, I remember the subject from my earlier apparitions.
I like to think a comparison evolution wise, between Earthlings
and the great unknown is similar to a gold fish in a bowl.

Thomas the fish, can swim and is master of his entire circular universe. Thomas has utterly no concept of his bowl and is literally mentally and emotionally incapable of comprehending and never will be capable or indeed really sentient. If you like two dimensions two bowls existing simultaneously.
Thomas is Wholly predictable and was offered life on land to crawl onto to evolve until self extinction.
Humans do not have the biggest brain on the planet, it is mammal though and lives in a very large bowl.

The idea of two simultsnioysly existing universe's like magnets or nuclear atoms coexisting in the same space but at different times and levels is a but like throwing two die on a flat table top. Two die thrown on an alternative table sharing the same atoms but in a different time zone but a sloping or cylindrical table still would by effected by random chance, so different. But if you count the scores of those two seperate pairs of die and compare chance mathematically you could say that two paths were inevitable and paralell.

Last edited:
I haven't said anything about parallel universes, you brought that concept to the thread.
All I said in answer to your reply was" there's no way at the moment to put that question to bed",

Sorry mucka, thought you was alluding to some other kind of parallel universe's.

It's a mad subject to get your head around it all Manny. Many a time I've turned the tele over when they start throwing equations
around. 👍
To be honest I have no problem accepting the mathematical probability of other alien species existing but you’ve lost me now, parallel universes are just unsupported conjecture

To be honest I have no problem accepting the mathematical probability of other alien species existing but you’ve lost me now, parallel universes are just unsupported conjecture
To be honest Mike, most Astrophysics is like Darwin, it is mostly theory and informed guesswork.
Things in the Cosmos are too far away from us to be tested.

I’m definitely intrigued by the program ancient aliens

Could the reason they left be that they finally fixed the problems that caused them to arrive in the first place ? Would explain the direction of mankind with technology also ancient tech that can’t be explained… it was simply left behind?

Tho if you look at the evolution of skilled people you can clearly see that profit has replaced skill.. maximise output while lowering cost is not a new concept… backtracking a few thousand years, it’s very easy to ponder over the possibility that all ancient structures are a result of lost skills…

Or this is some really good sht 💨 😶‍🌫️😂

But Darwin’s book “the origin of the species” was based on detailed observation, his theory of evolution was a working hypothesis that explained observed facts. Since we are unable to detect a parallel universe there can be no observed facts to be explained, therefore their existence is pure conjecture. It comes down to being the difference between good science and sci-fi.
A lot of astrophysics is based on observed fact or hypotheses that have been proven eg Edison proving Einstein’s theory that light has mass and is effected by gravity by actually measuring light being deflected.

But Darwin’s book “the origin of the species” was based on detailed observation, his theory of evolution was a working hypothesis that explained observed facts. Since we are unable to detect a parallel universe there can be no observed facts to be explained, therefore their existence is pure conjecture. It comes down to being the difference between good science and sci-fi.
A lot of astrophysics is based on observed fact or hypotheses that have been proven eg Edison proving Einstein’s theory that light has mass and is effected by gravity by actually measuring light being deflected.
I never brought parallel universes into the conversation Mike. I have no point of view on the subject one way or the other.
To me, it is an abstract theory that for now is only held as a concept in the quantum string theory proposed by
Max Tegmark, (I think that's his name)

I’m definitely intrigued by the program ancient aliens

Could the reason they left be that they finally fixed the problems that caused them to arrive in the first place ? Would explain the direction of mankind with technology also ancient tech that can’t be explained… it was simply left behind?

Tho if you look at the evolution of skilled people you can clearly see that profit has replaced skill.. maximise output while lowering cost is not a new concept… backtracking a few thousand years, it’s very easy to ponder over the possibility that all ancient structures are a result of lost skills…

Or this is some really good sht 💨 😶‍🌫️😂
Mark, watch the documentary called Phenomenon, it was on Blaze tv a couple of days ago and should be on
again soon. If not you can watch it online on Blaze tv.. it is superb mate.

This is very theoretical and beyond me. I'm not a religious fanatic either. Depending upon your definition of Alien there are several well documented possible visitations. I'm talking about the Bible.
Following a star, the power of god, Gabriel moving stones, super powers, resurrection, pillars of salt.
Which is most likely in science.
No other species believes in a god. An ancient alien!!

Back