• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

And now some good news..

I worked in a home for the elderly in my early 20s in Glasgow, am sure it was around 3 month... at the time there was a ward called the lindsay ward, that was for people who had dementia, work both day and night shift, it was unsettling sometimes šŸ™

• Sad
Reactions: Bam
Good there's a thread discussing and recognising both the cruelty of this disease -
and the excellence of the care being given by many committed carers. The tolerance and patience of saints!

Well 'intervened' Sax! Sounds like you have mobilised some excellent support for her.

My old mum"s dementia accelerated rapidly due to the isolation of lockdown and now she doesn't recognise me. My sisters need to explain who I am when I zoom call. šŸ˜” My heart really goes out to those individuals and families impacted by dementia.

Alan

My story was funny, but to be serious, watching my father going to pieces was not funny when you consider that he had been a WW2 Spitfire pilot. Sharp as a lance and as fit as a fiddle all his life.

Ichneumon

Your Dad looks like a movie star and every bit the hero he was!

I felt a swell of pride when I saw that pic and I don't even know the bloke..

Reminds us we're standing in the shadows of giants..

Thanks for sharing.

Alan

Back