• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

And so the summer begins ........

At around 0040 last night we had some drunk turn up at ours looking for a rental house where there was supposed to be a party. He didn’t know the name of the house or the person holding the party, He’d already set the neighbour’s dogs off and my four were also going ballistic. Having politely told him that without something to go on I couldn’t help him I walked him back to the main road as it was pitch black and the idiot didn’t even have a torch.
My conclusion is that people get really, really stupid in the pursuit of a little fun. Something like this happened a few years ago and a young lad got drunk/drugged up, wandered about for a bit and then drowned trying to wade across the confluence of the rivers Irfon and Wye (there is a 4m deep pool in the middle of an otherwise shallow riverbed) in an attempt to try and get back to an area known as “the young peoples village” which is basically a four day rave.
The police have good safety reasons to try and prevent these unofficial parties in places that could represent a real danger to people.

Last edited:
At around 0040 last night we had some drunk turn up at ours looking for a rental house where there was supposed to be a party. He didn’t know the name of the house or the person holding the party, He’d already set the neighbour’s dogs off and my four were also going ballistic. Having politely told him that without something to go on I couldn’t help him I walked him back to the main road as it was pitch black and the idiot didn’t even have a torch.
My conclusion is that people get really, really stupid in the pursuit of a little fun. Something like this happened a few years ago and a young lad got drunk/drugged up, wandered about for a bit and then drowned trying to wade across the confluence of the rivers Irfon and Wye (there is a 4m deep pool in the middle of an otherwise shallow riverbed) in an attempt to try and get back to an area known as “the young peoples village” which is basically a four day rave.
The police have good safety reasons to try and prevent these unofficial parties in places that could represent a real danger to people.

Did you ask him to wear’a’fox’hat 🤔

Back