• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Anker 24W folding Solar Panel Model A2424

Brambling

Very Addicted
Ordered this from the well known market place. It arrived the same day but I unboxed it today.

About this item​

Model Number: A2424
PowerSolar 3-Port 24W
The High-Efficiency Portable Solar Panel
High Solar Efficiency
PowerSolar produces more electricity than the majority of other portable solar chargers thanks to high-efficiency monocrystalline panels that achieve 21.5%-23.5% solar efficiency.
Power 3 Devices at Once
The solar panel’s 3 USB ports share a total 21W output, allowing you to charge up to 3 devices simultaneously.
Smart Sunlight Detection
If you’re walking through a shaded area or passing under clouds, PowerSolar will pause charging and then automatically resume as soon as the sunlight returns.
Foldable and Portable
When you’re not charging, PowerSolar folds away for easy storage in your backpack.
Specs
Dimensions (Unfolded): 705 × 340 × 3.5 mm / 27.8 × 13.4 × 0.14 in
Dimensions (Folded): 200 × 340 × 34 mm / 7.9 × 13.4 × 1.34 in
Weight: 1221 g / 43 oz
Solar Input: 24W
USB Output: 12W max per port
Notes
1. PowerSolar can't store electricity directly. You will need a power bank or other power source to store power, or you can connect PowerSolar directly to your devices to charge.
2. Charging efficiency is subject to sunlight intensity.
3. Keep your phones and tablets away from direct sunlight as excessive heat may cause damage.
4. 24W refers to the power of the solar panel, which is not equal to the actual output power of the USB ports. There will be some power loss when solar energy is transferred into electrical energy, so the actual output power of the USB ports will be less than the power of the solar panel.

From my own view It is very well made if on the heavy side. At £69.99 it's not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for and a lot of cheaper panels don't have the pause charge or 3 port facility.
Unfortunately, the sun is too low get over into the yard at this time of year so I set it up in the front window, fully expecting nothing to happen. But, it worked, so I connected my phone which was at 70% and it topped it up in 30 minutes. Well impressed.
IMG_20210105_130557.jpg

IMG_20210105_130640.jpg

👍 Amazing some of the kit these days. When I was fitting out my boat in the mid 90's and looking for Solar Panels, a 20 Watt out- put usually meant something the size of a Coffee Table and about twice as heavy.

Nice, look forward to a long term review in different weather conditions.

Back