• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Another day playing in the snowy woodland

ValderOutdoors

Slightly Talkative
Since I'm not allowed to open my business I've been trying to get outside every other day.

Today was my 9th day out, and I've filmed everytime.

Rain, snow or sun.

Luckily I live about 100 meters from a good bit of woodland.

Latest video on YouTube

Attachments

• IMG_20210211_125314_217.jpg
    IMG_20210211_125314_217.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20210211_125503_093.jpg
    IMG_20210211_125503_093.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20210211_125608_365.jpg
    IMG_20210211_125608_365.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20210211_125755_178.jpg
    IMG_20210211_125755_178.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 77
Valder can I ask what stove do you use as at the moment when I venture out it's a small flask in my pack.

Well Valder I have just purchased an ohuhu gasification stove from Amazon. Can't wait to try it out. :thumbsup:
Make sure you pack it with finger/thumb width branches vertically.

I used it with dry split logs as well and it burned really well.

Reactions: Bam
Good to see you out and about again. I quite fancy that wee stove myself. Do you need to feed it from the top all the time?

Good to see you out and about again. I quite fancy that wee stove myself. Do you need to feed it from the top all the time?
Cheers out depends on the wood and how's well it was packed in. I do usually feed it from the top two or three times between boiling water and cooking.

Just wish I could go out for longer.

I hear ya bro, was speaking to a mate when out with the dug, he has similar interests and is big into his canoeing, we were having a moan but what can you do. Hope you're enjoying your trips out, I've just put it all on hold for now although I'll see how it goes, I'll maybe buckle if it goes on long enough. Keep showing us what you've been up to mate, its good to see you boys doing your thang.

Just had a look at your video link Vald ^^^^ :)

Lovely spot you have found......and a good water source too.
Enjoyed the vids.......well put together.......and the music was perfect.
I noticed you were propping out the back of the tarp with a stick........just a thought for you.......if you tie a pebble into the tarp material in the area you use the stick.....you can tie off of that to a tree to pull out the tarp......will give you unhindered space inside and prevent possible damage to the tarp :thumbsup:
You could leave the pebble/marble in situ for following trips.

Thanks for sharing.

Just had a look at your video link Vald ^^^^ :)

Lovely spot you have found......and a good water source too.
Enjoyed the vids.......well put together.......and the music was perfect.
I noticed you were propping out the back of the tarp with a stick........just a thought for you.......if you tie a pebble into the tarp material in the area you use the stick.....you can tie off of that to a tree to pull out the tarp......will give you unhindered space inside and prevent possible damage to the tarp :thumbsup:
You could leave the pebble/marble in situ for following trips.

Thanks for sharing.
Genius idea. Thanks for the advice.

Back