• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Another firearms consultation, don’t leave it all up to BASC

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
This consultation is being run by the college of policing and it is a review of the standards that applicants, police forces and the public expect from licensing departments.
Please read it in full and fill out the consultation if you have any interest in shooting.
there are two versions of the document, in full or the quick read version.

Last edited:
Kind of made my mind up Mike...... as to the direction my shooting will go in the future.....I will not be renewing my FAC when it becomes due again.....to much faffing about for me personally :rolleyes:

So I do not feel inclined to fill out the consultation.......but......good luck to those that do :thumbsup:

Kind of made my mind up Mike...... as to the direction my shooting will go in the future.....I will not be renewing my FAC when it becomes due again.....to much faffing about for me personally :rolleyes:

So I do not feel inclined to fill out the consultation.......but......good luck to those that do :thumbsup:
thats the reason i didnt renew mine :thumbsup:

Wow! Do you want to know how many members of the public answered this consultation nationally….
281, that is truly pathetic.
281 individuals out of a nation of over 70 million, a further 8 from trade bodies and shooting organisations, 73 police authorities and 3 government bodies.
Small surprise that the college of policing have asked me to respond to other consultations since I’m one of the tiny percentage of the population that actually gave a damn.

If you want to influence the way licensing, laws and justice are delivered in this country then these consultations are the only real place and time to influence the direction that firearms legislation or policing is taken.

I don't think it was well advertised. I wouldn't have seen it if you hadn't posted.
Unfortunately that is how government and lobbyists work. Without actually giving any numbers they can cite the overwhelming support of the majority of the general public that responded. To do this they just quote percentages and averages without letting on what a pathetic response they received.
The Scottish devolved government has even managed to slip one under my radar. In an amendment to their permitted development planning laws they’re trying to prevent shooting sports involving fixed targets (as opposed to rough shooting or clays) from taking place on land unless it has been granted full planning permission instead of the occasional use rule that allowed for land to be used for up to 28 days each year. This is an undisguised attack on practical shooting gun clubs, F&T or mini rifle ranges.

Last edited:
Back