• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

ANOTHER FISHING TRIPšŸ˜

So what was the tally at the end of the day Mark?
Did you cook lunch on your new Firebox? :)

Hoping to get out with a rod again soon.......besides the winds.....we have been plagued with weed along the beaches :rolleyes:......pain in the arris:D

8 fish in total bill:D enjoyed myself lol
No...just coffee on the fire box buddy. Love using it :thumbsup:

Weed is a pain in the arris :lol: a few of us went night fishing for cod...few years back now but it was hellish. Must have lost about Ā£50 in tackle (no joke) still we did have fresh cod on the beach.
The weather is a pain eh ? You must be itching to get out bill. A could go again today lol

Well that was a good result Mark :thumbsup:

Not that the tally matters.....just being there is enough :)

Losing tackle is always a pain mate....but par for the course I suppose :rolleyes:..........as long as you have a return for the loses......it does soften the blow a tad:D
Its the strong winds that kill the lure and plug fishing Mark.....unless you load up with a 40gr lure.....even then it gets blown back in your face somtimes.
Weed has been the main problem down here this year.....the council used to clean the beaches in years gone by.....but not this year :(

Visited one of my favourite rock stages a few weeks back....now closed to the public because of unstable cliffs.....apparently?......I was gutted :(
Was also a favourite entry point when I used to spearfish.........some lovely ground there.
Can still get around to it.....but would need to paddle to it in the Kayak.

Happy Days :)

In that kayak sir...and get roond there :lol:.

Lost some nice fish through weed (not the smoking kind :rofl:) both fresh and sea. Itā€™s a bugger. Even yesterday the eyes on the rod was being clogged up with plant material:thumbsdown: still who cares lol itā€™s just a pain lol. Now spear fishing sounds amazing buddy a would love to try that out (along with many other things:D) a think Iā€™ve went full circle on the carp fishing. Really didnā€™t know how much I missed it to be honest. Thereā€™s a larger specimen lake at that place That they use to let you fish with a normal day ticket but now itā€™s a yearly membership of Ā£50. Thats my next step lol

True enough mate :thumbsup: but itā€™s Ā£10 a rod each time you go up to fish it.Never use to be that way. The owners Andy and Elizabeth are fantastic people and very welcoming. Av fished a few times for nothing and was aloud there as early as 5 in the morning as long as I paid on the way out.....thatā€™s when I was there 3 times a week during the summer lol. Itā€™s there daughter thatā€™s running it now and changing the prices. only met her once....she seems nice enough lol

Back