• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Another shelter from One Tegris.....The Fortifly

Bugger...................I'm not looking...I'm not looking....

@saxonaxe

Yes you are.....I can see you peeking 🤭.........resistance is futile :D

Thought this might be an option for your planned Scotland trips on the bike in the Spring/Summer?
Good adaptable ventilated shelter.....with a pretty bombproof mesh inner to keep out the wee beasties while still enjoying a very open aspect.
Shame the guy reviewing did not show a pitch using walking poles or the likes. :thumbsup:
With care........all cooking could be done inside of the mesh compartment......again free of the beasties unwanted attention :)

@G1ZmO

Hi Paul.

Yes....I thought that about the price too ........then I looked again...... a half decent tent or tarp will probably set you back about £50/£60 +.......add to that the cost of an add on Mesh compartment with bathtub ground sheet.....this shelter is actually quite good value for money with some excellent features and adaptability.

For its size and weight.....packability......... its good option for any hikers or overnighters too.

Reactions: Bam
They are on Amazon Uk at £116..99..not that I am interested of course...just looking you understand...:oopsy:

I spent time and money hunting for a mesh A shape to go under a tarp...Ended up with a mesh tent from Ali express and a DD 3.5 x 3.5 tarp....I think One Tigris pinched my idea, stitched it together and are now dangling just what I been looking for under my nose..:lol:....:lol:

"Thought this might be an option for your planned Scotland trips on the bike in the Spring/Summer?
Good adaptable ventilated shelter.....with a pretty bombproof mesh inner to keep out the wee beasties while still enjoying a very open aspect."

That's the problem...you are 100% right...I can feel my wallet weakening...:rofl:

They are on Amazon Uk at £116..99..not that I am interested of course...just looking you understand...:oopsy:

I spent time and money hunting for a mesh A shape to go under a tarp...Ended up with a mesh tent from Ali express and a DD 3.5 x 3.5 tarp....I think One Tigris pinched my idea, stitched it together and are now dangling just what I been looking for under my nose..:lol:....:lol:

"Thought this might be an option for your planned Scotland trips on the bike in the Spring/Summer?
Good adaptable ventilated shelter.....with a pretty bombproof mesh inner to keep out the wee beasties while still enjoying a very open aspect."

That's the problem...you are 100% right...I can feel my wallet weakening...:rofl:
Don't do it be strong...... Telling myself my backwoods bungalow is very similar and I don't need this tent...... The bungalow is cheaper😉

Be aware....Any future postings of such kit will involve a visit from Alfredo and Luigi. They don't speak English, only Sicilian dialect Italian. Luigi is the one with the 8 inch scar on his left cheek and the lobe of his left ear is missing, so he's easily recognised. It's cheaper for me to contract them, than keep reading about new tents..................:rofl:

I'm very impressed with the iron wall but I'm thinking it would really only suit one guy or a couple sharing when it has the mesh liner installed. I am looking for something along those lines..

3rd time av watched the video:D am liking this one to be honest. am not sure how it would fair in stormy weather or the cold, but when he had it all open at the end of the vid just sitting under it, I was sold. Very nice. A like this one over the other 👍🏻

3rd time av watched the video:D am liking this one to be honest. am not sure how it would fair in stormy weather or the cold, but when he had it all open at the end of the vid just sitting under it, I was sold. Very nice. A like this one over the other 👍🏻

@Ark79

Hi Mark.

Definitely NOT a stand alone hillside.... or open range shelter for extreme weather......its just not made for that.
In the confines and added shelter of a wood I reckon it would fair much better.....even in the Winter months..........as long as the rest of a persons kit matched the conditions at the time.
For use in the Spring/Summer it could be a useful bit of kit especially for hikers and over nighters......just my humble opinion of course :D

Be "Gurrrrrrders" for you mate up there.....help to keep the beauties at bay :whistle::rofl:

Back