• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Any canoeists on here?

Woodlander

Very Addicted
Hi all seeking some knowledge.
Im going to build an 8ft canoe/kayak/pirogue. I know nothing about boat building. But have been on about it for years. Need something small for transporting by hand so in my search I finally came across this.
My question is is it necessary to fibreglass the hull? Very limited budget (£80-£100 max) any and all advice welcome, apart from buy one secondhand. Making it is part of the fun

Im going to build an 8ft canoe/kayak/pirogue. I know nothing about boat building. But have been on about it for years. Need something small for transporting by hand so in my search I finally came across this.
My question is is it necessary to fibreglass the hull? Very limited budget (£80-£100 max) any and all advice welcome, apart from buy one secondhand. Making it is part of the fun
Lol is probably the best person for you to speak to Jon

What happened? What did you choose? Hope all is good :thumbsup:

I used to kayak at sea with a touring kayak but I wouldn't have the first clue how to help you, sorry Jon.

Back