• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

any one got one of these ?

Yes Matt, somewhere under the rubble is one that I bought a few years ago. I've never used it in anger though. Mine did not come in a pouch and I was surprised at the size of the kit. If I remember correctly that water bottle probably holds about a pint, if that...I may have a different version of course, but the aly pan, plastic rectangular cup and plastic " lid" are the same.

If you are not in a rush, I will burrow into my store tomorrow and see if I can dig it out for some measurements and photos.

I've got one Matt although I've never used it in anger. I got it to put in a bag to take with me when out and about and as the boy says, it covers all your basics. You could use the bag as a millbank bag too and as the bottle is 1L its the right size for a puritab. The 'bowl' looks a bit small to be honest but I was looking at it as an 'emergency' set.

I should add I got mine for about 7 or 8 quid so kind of hard to refuse.

Woe is me...Failed in my search for the Yugo Canteen kit...but a long overdue reminder that I have far too much kit. Who needs 5 water bottles? (types various)...Saucepans, kettles, a small biscuit tin full of lighters, ferro rods and those metal strikers..I've got enough pouches and webbing to kit out a Regiment.
Even then I couldn't search properly because it would have meant pushing my motorbike out of the container (storage) to get at other boxes, and it's howling here now with heavy rain, so that wasn't going to happen.
When Storm Brendan has bogged off, I shall have a sort out and cull some of the junk

I really mean it this time....:lol:

I had one about 10 years ago, was one of those items I lost while moving. Can remember using it once or twice was about 6x4x8 inches if memory serves me correctly

Who needs 5 water bottles? (types various)...Saucepans, kettles, a small biscuit tin full of lighters, ferro rods and those metal strikers..I've got enough pouches and webbing to kit out a Regiment.

When Storm Brendan has bogged off, I shall have a sort out and cull some of the junk

I really mean it this time....:lol:

Who needs 5 water bottles (types various)...Sausepans etc?....... I know the answer to that one Sax! Send all your old crap my way if you wish, I'll build another shed for it.
:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Back