• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Anyone had any experience with these?

No experience with this one but at that price and unbranded I wouldn't take a chance, you can get a Sawer for around double and trust that you're not going to catch something nasty

I'd want to see the specifications sheet and reliable testing before spending money on something that you may be relying on to keep your health.

As Bopdude has said, Sawyers area much better bet. Tested to destruction and good for 100,000 gallons.

Am the same buddy.. wouldn’t trust it. Keep the money aside add to it when you can and buy the mini sawyer. It’s worth the extra money and with all the testing and reviews you can use it with confidence :thumbsup:

+1 for the Sawyer, if you do get that one, let us know how you go.

On the phone so struggling to get the make/model bit as a cheap option I've got a plastic bottle that takes a life straw that I keep clipped to my rucksack strap and drink from as I go.

+1 for the Sawyer, if you do get that one, let us know how you go.

On the phone so struggling to get the make/model bit as a cheap option I've got a plastic bottle that takes a life straw that I keep clipped to my rucksack strap and drink from as I go.

Just had a look and what I use is now 20 quid, if you're only going to get one filter, I'd stick with the Sawyer personally.

Qunlei water bottle for kids and drinking water bottle with filter: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

Depending on whether you want clean water just for yourself while out and about or for the family in case of emergency, Evaq8 have Oasis water purification tablets for no a lot of money.
For 1L

or 20L

Make a filter bag from a T shirt to get rid of the rubbish and away you go. Just a thought until you have the money for a Sawyer.
Have to admit, I like having options, so I have both a Sawyer Mini and a pack of the 20L tablets.

Depending on whether you want clean water just for yourself while out and about or for the family in case of emergency, Evaq8 have Oasis water purification tablets for no a lot of money.
For 1L

or 20L

Make a filter bag from a T shirt to get rid of the rubbish and away you go. Just a thought until you have the money for a Sawyer.
Have to admit, I like having options, so I have both a Sawyer Mini and a pack of the 20L tablets.

Here's my water pack.

IMG_20190912_110254.jpg

Sawyer and gubbins, puritabs (25L and 1l), Millbank bag and a couple large plastic bags with 1L and 2L marked off. Keep it all in a wee pouch. As you say, its good to have options.

For 1L

or 20L

Old lemonade bottle with the bottom cut out, handful of crushed charcoal and some sphagnum moss and the jobs a goodun

Slow but efficient Bam, the sphagnum which contains iodine which sterslises the water and the charcoal removes any odour. I usually use a bit of bandage from the first aid kit to filter out any solids

Sphagnum moss is amazing stuff, it has the antiseptic properties and was used in WW1 as wound dressings. Its also really good at scrubbing pots.

Sphagnum moss is amazing stuff, it has the antiseptic properties and was used in WW1 as wound dressings. Its also really good at scrubbing pots.
yep all of those things and enough of it dried out makes a very good insulating matress

Back