• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Anyone remember Pot Rice .....

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
Does any one remember Pot Rice ? I used to love them for camping but they were discontinued years ago. Saw this advert earlier and my eyes lit up ! Will make a great instant meal or basis for a ramen (type) bomb.......

3EB91C6E-795B-483D-A823-C77A0237C768.jpeg

I remember Pot Rice, and I recently tried the curry version of the new product although I'm not positive it was Batchelors, similar though. It was edible ( although that's no recommendation coming from me...:D ) Just stir it very well though and wait, otherwise you get crunchy rice at the bottom...:rofl:

Opposite to me Rob, I prefer the Noodles especially Batchelors 'New' Super Noodles. I had BBQ Beef just today. I think Batchelors must be having a sales campaign with all the 'New' stuff they are bringing out. On the subject of food, I've just bought some dehydrated meals for a trek next month. Quite pricey at £5.50 each but they're high calorie and seem to get good comments from the lightweight trekking crowd. I'll do a report on them when I get back.

Tried a few pot rice and noodle pots over the years.......they are o.k. But not a huge fan of them.
Now if anyone can recommend a good instant mashed potato one in a pot I would be interested in a link.......Gary put one up a while back in a post.....can’t find it now:thumbsup:

Tried a few pot rice and noodle pots over the years.......they are o.k. But not a huge fan of them.
Now if anyone can recommend a good instant mashed potato one in a pot I would be interested in a link.......Gary put one up a while back in a post.....can’t find it now:thumbsup:
Not in a pot but Tesco etc do Idahoan Mash in a packet, you can mix it / rehydrate it in the pack if you want, very tasty with a few flavours available

Idahoan Cheese Mash 109G - Tesco Groceries

Opposite to me Rob, I prefer the Noodles especially Batchelors 'New' Super Noodles. I had BBQ Beef just today. I think Batchelors must be having a sales campaign with all the 'New' stuff they are bringing out. On the subject of food, I've just bought some dehydrated meals for a trek next month. Quite pricey at £5.50 each but they're high calorie and seem to get good comments from the lightweight trekking crowd. I'll do a report on them when I get back.

I use dehydrated meals too , be interested to see what you think

IIiRC Gary got the mash pots from somewhere like farm foods or Fulton’s , they def have them in Fulton foods ( not sure if they are a national company) I saw them the other day . As Al says Idahoan mash is available in the big supermarkets and is easy and with added flavours

An enthusiastic guy isn't he.....:rofl:

They look like they could be worth a shot Al.............thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

An enthusiastic guy isn't he.....:rofl:

They look like they could be worth a shot Al.............thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

Isn't he though lmao, and they definitely look worthy of a try even if for the pouches, no more pot washing on site, eat, seal, store and wash at home :)

Win win all round mate.....ideal belly warmer while out and about.......and no washing up :whistle::D
As you say.....the pouches could be put to other use for a while too:thumbsup:

Back