• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Anyone remember Pot Rice .....

Got a few .....

97411DD3-8E9A-4F6F-923B-9A7B372E23F9.jpeg

Just seen these on another forum, different flavours available PLUS re-usable seal-able pouch ? :)

In Tesco international section.

Interested to know how much they cool by in the seven minute standing time.

I’ve seen people on lomg distance walks make an insulating sleeve out of a car thermal blind to on fuel use by reducing simmering time. May be handy.

I’ve seen people on lomg distance walks make an insulating sleeve out of a car thermal blind to on fuel use by reducing simmering time. May be handy.

I'll let you know tonight, gonna buy a couple today :thumbsup:

They do cool quickly , us a cosy ..........

It tastes and looks exactly like something made in a factory would, artificial, laden with Salt, and only eaten in times of desperation. It's awful food:)

I made some cosy's fairly recently for dehydrated meals and one to fit a fancy new pot I bought. It's surprising how many you can cut out of a £1.99 windscreen shield from the local cheap shop.
I've trialled them at home and they work well. Bit of a yomp coming up next week, so they'll get operational use. I'll be happy if they last the week. :D

P1040770.JPG

P1040771.JPG

P1040773.JPG

P1040774.JPG

:) Credit should go to a Canadian Backpacker from a few years ago who showed me the drill. It's a bit Blue Peter, scissors, sticky tape and you fold it like this.....works though. :D

Back