• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Aortic Aneurysm

Joecole

Very Obsessed
As many of you are aware back in March I had a 9 hour operation to repair an aneurysm.
So what loads of people in their sixties suffer from them BUT
Gents there is no warning or anything to tell you if you have an aneurysm , like me it will only get found if you go to the doctor for something else like I did.
Now the messy bit, if you have an aneurysm and it ruptures you will be dead inside of 3 minutes from internal bleeding and yes I do mean dead in as little as 3 minutes.
All you blokes who are in their sixties who infest this site can see your GP and request an ultra sound test, quite painless and can take as little as 15 minutes. Do it boys because it might save your life

Sorry to hear that Joe, are the sticks going to be temporary do you think?
I don't know the answer to that yet Al, I do have some crutches that the hospital provided last time I was a resident but for getting round the house I prefer my home made sticks

Back