• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Archery tip of the Day.

Yep that's a perfectly good bow to start with. The 30#....is the strength of the bow measured in pounds weight. So that bow requires the same amount of strength to lift/hold 30lbs of weight. 30lbs is a low draw weight, most adult men can start with 35-40lb, but don't try to draw a bow that's too heavy (strong for you) you will ruin any accuracy. You will soon outgrow this bow as your technique improves, but you can always sell it. 45lb is a good finishing weight, and a 45lb bow can take any animal you'll find in Britain.

Cheers bud really appreciate the advice.
Is there any advice on arrows or is one as good as the next(doubt thats the case)?

Cheers bud really appreciate the advice.
Is there any advice on arrows or is one as good as the next(doubt thats the case)?[

-----------
You have to get arrows that are suited to the power of the bow or you won't be able to shoot accurately or safely. When you decide to buy a bow let me know the weight of it and I will tell you the best Arrows to buy.

Sounds like i should go for a 40lbs draw wieght so as to give me a bit of power ,but something to improve with a little.
Im guessing the hand you use is as simple as what hand you right with is the hand you hold the bow with?

Sounds like i should go for a 40lbs draw wieght so as to give me a bit of power ,but something to improve with a little.
Im guessing the hand you use is as simple as what hand you right with is the hand you hold the bow with?
No EDD !!!!!!! if you are Right handed----you hold the Bow in your left hand-----and draw with your Right. How tall are you, and do you have average length Arms----not like a Gibbon :eek:

no im more like a gibbon haha
im 6ft 2 bud.

Good job i asked about the hand thing so if im right handed do i buy a right handed bow?

Good job you are here or i would be buying something mental!

no im more like a gibbon haha
im 6ft 2 bud.

Good job i asked about the hand thing so if im right handed do i buy a right handed bow?

Good job you are here or i would be buying something mental!

Yeah mate, Right handed. The reason I ask is height is related to arm length, which determines the correct length of arrow you will need.

yea i do have quiet long arms, they dont quiet drag on the floor mind.

Back