• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Are Fishing Rods Bush kit?

William Tell

Slightly Obsessed
Because I know absolutely nothing about fishing.
But I have four sea rods left to me by my father in law. I've not had them long, though he passed some twenty years ago. Your expert bushy opinions please what you think they might be worth.
I might sell or swap for an air rifle Willey.
They look new to me.

PENN LONG BACH, Model 3366c-6 1/2
Medium heavy action 20-40lb line.

The next,
Designed specially for European Angler by Daiwa EUROANGLING.
Graphite Daiwa High Performance.
Sensor-Z S120 M. Surf casting special.
SE-Z S120M closed length 185cm SEC2
Length 12 weight 4.8oz

The next.
Shakespeare Onset Gold Beachcaster.
1334-361 length 3.60m.
Casting weight 4.8oz
Multiplier Guides Carbon.

The last rod similar to above but fixed spool guides.

Shakespeare Onset Gold Beachcaster.
1334-360 length 3.60m
Casting weight 4.8oz.

Thank you Guys.

Hadn't thought of that Bill.
I'm trying to be a bit discreet in case the wife twigs them being her old dead Pa's.
The mother in law died two years ago and have just flogged their home. Was instructed that the new folk move in within two days and what is not removed will be lost. So popped over for lawn mowers and kit and found these tubes in the garage rafters. Inside furniture had long gone. Anyway, the wife's brothers never would let me have the rods. Guess they had the indoor rod selection and never noticed or had a clue what these tubes were for in the garage. Straight away I knew they were rods long jobbies in tubes. Guess they were too long for in the house storage. So I had them, they did say!! Lol. Think they thought just the crap was left. The thing is I hired a transit and got them home and hid them. Only today having a look when it weren't at home.
No doubt they would want them back lol. Pa said the pick of the rods were mine!! All mine!!
So it's a secret!

That's all good fishing kit you could keep one rod real for sea fishing but it's not what it was I've been fishing today for few hours and caught nothing

Your welcome Will......I think its nice that you are keeping one of the old boys rod's.....probably his pride and joy....back in the day.....and hid in the rafters from prying eyes :rofl:

Last edited:
Some decent rods there, if there in good nick put the one's your not keeping on the selling sites ebay, gumtree, preloved. Either cash or trade for a rifle :thumbsup:

Some decent rods there, if there in good nick put the one's your not keeping on the selling sites ebay, gumtree, preloved. Either cash or trade for a rifle :thumbsup:
That's an option and as left from family, keep one set and use it (if your not a fisherman how about learning) ;)

Cheers Guys
Fishing might no be a bad idea. Good way to escape to somewhere lonely!

Back