• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Area to wildcamp wanted.

Bushcrafty

Slightly Talkative
Hello, I’ve never wildcamped before, I’d love to do it, just need somewhere for a base. I’ll pay to camp out.
Anyone who can help or suggest anywhere within reasonable distance of Holmes Chapel in Cheshire, please get in touch, I’ll be so grateful. Mike.

Hi mate, I'm in Scotland where its a bit different so can't really help but there are some half wild campy places that some guys on here have used, I'm sure they'll be along to give you a pointer.

No worries Mike, hope you find somewhere that works for you.

There’s a scout camp in Marple ( Linnet Clough) you can pay to camp there , it’s not wild camping but is a big site , fires allowed and a good introduction to wild ( ish) camping . It’s about 20 miles from you , might be bc worth a look , try to go when it’s quiet with big scout groups .......

Reactions: Bam
Hello, I’ve never wildcamped before, I’d love to do it, just need somewhere for a base. I’ll pay to camp out.
Anyone who can help or suggest anywhere within reasonable distance of Holmes Chapel in Cheshire, please get in touch, I’ll be so grateful. Mike.

Welcome to the family Mike there are a lot of very knowledgeable folks on this forum so feel free to ask anything you want to ask

There’s a scout camp in Marple ( Linnet Clough) you can pay to camp there , it’s not wild camping but is a big site , fires allowed and a good introduction to wild ( ish) camping . It’s about 20 miles from you , might be bc worth a look , try to go when it’s quiet with big scout groups .......
Just checked out Linnet Clough, it’s scouts only and not open til September.
Thanks for letting me know though. Mike.

Back