• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Armex pistol crossbow

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
Not really had much practice with this only have 10 bolts and they are pretty much 1 use only, if you hit the target chances are you will bend them if you miss you will never find them again, it does have a lot more punch that I thought, certainly NOT a toy more than capable of serious damage , probably better for self defense against others wanting your stuff than hunting , I will stick with my rifle for that.

At 50 ft , just using the open sites did not have a scope or red dot.

P1370038.JPG
P1370041.JPG
P1370043.JPG

They look like aluminium bolts??

Shooting the bolts at a solid wood backstop/boss will destroy them.......they are not up to it....nor designed for that.
A straw bale or something similar......and able to catch them would be better......and prolong the life of your bolts and enable you to use them time after time.
If you hang/suspend an old blanket behind your target boss like a curtain.....it will catch any misses without damaging the bolts and avoid watching them disappear into the distance :rolleyes:

Ohhh Med :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::rofl:

They look like aluminium bolts??

Shooting the bolts at a solid wood backstop/boss will destroy them.......they are not up to it....nor designed for that.
A straw bale or something similar......and able to catch them would be better......and prolong the life of your bolts and enable you to use them time after time.
If you hang/suspend an old blanket behind your target boss like a curtain.....it will catch any misses without damaging the bolts and avoid watching them disappear into the distance :rolleyes:

Ohhh Med :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::rofl:
my bad big time!!

I e seen a tutorial where someone stuffed a pillowcase with old clothes/towels/rags and wrapped it in gaffer tape, then stuffed it in a suitable cardboard box which could have targets taped to it.

The bolts are not expensive to replace, I have an account with Anglo arms which allows me to get certain things at vastly discounted wholesale prices. You don't need to be a retailer to get one of these accounts but if you're spending over ÂŁ200 shipping costs come down. Some of the 175lb crossbows they stock seem pretty impressive as well.
The higher end aluminium bolts they sell have screw tips that can be swapped for hunting tips (hunting tips are single use)
They also sell target cubes but you could make your own. It must have enough give not to destroy the bolt but be resilient enough to stop the bolt going right through and shearing off the feathers/flights.
Hanging the sheet behind the target to catch bolts and arrows if they pass the target is pretty normal it's also a sensible safety precaution when you get up to those crossbows with 175 lb draw.

Medwayman, I'm impressed by your range by the way. Pellet trap backed by a board in front of that bank of rising ground so that you have a proper backstop. Very nicely thought out and safety conscious đź‘Ť

Back