• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Army poncho

Ark79

Site Manager
Just got given 1 of these of a lad at work :D
A92046C9-5953-4BB7-9AED-8EC4E40D2609.jpeg

Is it genuine army issue ? Great bit of kit , issued right up to the 90’s , back in the day that was all we had to keep us dry (ish) 😳

A think so mate... the lad has been in the army and now he’s training the cadets. There’s a label on the bottom. Not sure if that means anything right enough lol
image.jpg

We used to make basha’s out of them for over our shell scrapes ....

Funny you mention that lol. Just been trying to work out how to sling it up for a shelter... worked it out lol finally. What’s shell scrapes mate ?

Whereas I thought that they were toss and moved on to a tarp at the earliest opportunity as did everyone else I know!

Just got given 1 of these of a lad at work :D
View attachment 17880

Different folks different strokes :)

As @Madriverrob says........the humble Poncho was all you had to keep the rain.....wind and snow off of you back then.
I would agree to some extent that they were indeed a pain in the arse.......but they did the job.

Personally...... I still hold the humble Poncho in high regard to this day.......having said that I moved on to the "Snugpack Patrol Poncho" a much better design........already I hear the cries of "HOW MUCH" :rolleyes: 🤣

Works for me.........hope you get good use from it @Ark79 .......they are handy to have.

Different folks different strokes :)

As @Madriverrob says........the humble Poncho was all you had to keep the rain.....wind and snow off of you back then.
I would agree to some extent that they were indeed a pain in the arse.......but they did the job.

Personally...... I still hold the humble Poncho in high regard to this day.......having said that I moved on to the "Snugpack Patrol Poncho" a much better design........already I hear the cries of "HOW MUCH" :rolleyes: 🤣

Works for me.........hope you get good use from it @Ark79 .......they are handy to have.

Never said a word...……….:zipped:

Back