• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
ASI Sabre Airgunner 3-9x42AO Review

Review ASI Sabre Airgunner 3-9x42AO Review

Gungerdin

Very Addicted
Gungerdin submitted a new resource:

ASI Sabre Airgunner 3-9x42AO Review - Review Of The ASI Sabre Airgunner 3-9x42AO

On another forum I noticed an ASI Airgunner for silly money. I have only seen the ad on the back of the main player magazines and know they are made by Nikko Stirling. Before anyone else did, I said "yes please" and paid my money.

Whilst waiting for the scope to arrive I set about finding more out about the scope but found very little. What i did find was the RRP is £75 and in the shops they are selling for £65 to £75 which is dirt cheap and being honest not expecting much even though Nikko...

Read more about this resource...

I have a Hawke Sport HD 3-9x40 mil-dot on my rifle and it has never let me down. Plus, it costs less than the ASI even when you buy quality mounts like Simmons or Sportsmatch. Although Nikko Stirling scopes are very good, give me a Hawke any day. You see what you get and then some. The "trivial shortcomings" that fail on the ASI are in full working order on the Hawke, the lenses are top notch and it has finer adjustment. It comes out of the factory looking spotless, too. None of this "minor chipping" on mine. I'd far rather pay £50 for the Hawke than the £75 quoted for the ASI but that's just me.

Back