• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Asthma

Forager

Slightly Addicted
Hi due to my asthma knocking hell out of me because of the cold and damp conditions my last outgoing was on Christmas eve. I love being outdoors on my walks but sometimes my asthma stops this. I have my yearly asthma review on Friday 13th of January and hopefully I can resume some sort of outdoor walking and hopefully I can take some more nice pictures of the old fishery ponds :thumbsup:

Hi due to my asthma knocking hell out of me because of the cold and damp conditions my last outgoing was on Christmas eve. I love being outdoors on my walks but sometimes my asthma stops this. I have my yearly asthma review on Friday 13th of January and hopefully I can resume some sort of outdoor walking and hopefully I can take some more nice pictures of the old fishery ponds :thumbsup:
There have been some seriously high levels of mould spores this year because of the weird weather, a lot of asthma sufferers have been badly effected.

Thanks Ark79, I understand what your misses will be going through. It's not nice but we learn to adapt and live with it.

No worries 👍🏻 that’s exactly the way to deal with it forager , adapt ! Once the Wif learned to pace herself throughout the day and cover up over winter it became a lot easier on her, however it’s not a cure but it certainly helps a lot 👍🏻

Hey Forager

Hoping weather improves a bit enabling you to get outdoors more. Is it cold and wet conditions that are specifically hard on Asthma sufferers, or just and cold air?

Stay well

Alan 👍

Hey Forager

Hoping weather improves a bit enabling you to get outdoors more. Is it cold and wet conditions that are specifically hard on Asthma sufferers, or just and cold air?

Stay well

Alan 👍
Dust, pollen, mould, cold, dry, stress, pet allergies, exertion, volatile chemicals like paints…the triggers for an attack are endless. Some people that have it as kids grow out of it while for others it gets worse as they get into adulthood.

Unfortunately like many others I am the later. Had it bad as a child but I could still manage to run 65 minutes for a half marathon. As time and age creep up I seem to be struggling more.

Unfortunately like many others I am the later. Had it bad as a child but I could still manage to run 65 minutes for a half marathon. As time and age creep up I seem to be struggling more.
As a young kid I was very poorly but I seem to have grown out of it for the most part. Some things still trigger a reaction but I’ve not had a full on asthma attack since I was about 10.

Caught Covid 5 weeks ago and it's knocked the hell out of my chest. With having ongoing problems with my asthma has not helped. Trundled to the GP today and I'm on a six day course of steroids. Hopefully I should be right as rain after this course.

Caught Covid 5 weeks ago and it's knocked the hell out of my chest. With having ongoing problems with my asthma has not helped. Trundled to the GP today and I'm on a six day course of steroids. Hopefully I should be right as rain after this course.
Oh hell!! I noticed you hadn't been around for a while. Hope you get over it soon. Watch out for the steroids, they'll make you eat like a horse and put on weight - but they don't warm you about this.

Back