• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

At your peril

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
It's the 12th today guys....... Don't be forgetting your Valentines Day cards...... Flowers..... Chocolates....... Candles...... Meal bookings...... Wine/beer.......... If you value your "Orchestra Stalls" :whistle: :rofl:

I just do some flowers, we don’t really do the whole valentines thing. If you have to have one special day a year to show your love for one another then then there’s something wrong. I prefer telling her everyday 😩🎻😂

Years ago, desperately in search of a nice Valentines day present for my Mrs, I had the bright idea of 'Adopting' an animal at London Zoo for her. There was ( maybe still is) a scheme that for a contribution a person's name would be inscribed on a metal plate on the animals cage ...' Adopted by...etc: and photos, history and other info was sent to the person by the Zoo.

My late Mrs loved all animals and had been enthralled by a programme on tv about Highland Forest Gorillas.
Good idea I thought.....on reflection....perhaps bad timing...

Valentines Day she opens the mail, " with love...big glossy photo of Ben the Cameroon Gorilla....:lol:

Fortunately I'd also bought her an expensive present too...but her initial reaction, just for a few seconds, until she had read the info with the photo, was not good.....😡

My kids have never let me forget the occasion...😄

I’ve bought my wife a suitcase
1581507316404.png
1581507316404.png

I just do some flowers, we don’t really do the whole valentines thing. If you have to have one special day a year to show your love for one another then then there’s something wrong. I prefer telling her everyday 😩🎻😂

I could not agree more DM.........I HAVE TOO EVERY day :rofl:

In my case Wendy has her heart set on a Paddington Bear which is easy to sort out, for me it will be just one more thing to collect dust.Mind you it will go straight into a box because right now we're packing up the house

I'm off the hook for a card now, she took the day off as the all singing, all dancing new bridge across the Forth was shut. We were in Asda and I went to the cards and she said not to bother, she even backed it up so she can't call foul later (called 'safeguard' for those familiar with the expression :lol:). I'm counting that as a win. :)

Back