• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Attention all members 😁

Ark79

Site Manager
Hi all, hope yous are doing well 👍🏻

As yous all know we have a forum raffle up and running ( we’ll sort of running lol)

the whole idea was put together to help keep the forum up and running and give something back to the members….

So we’re looking for a little feed back from yous guys and girls on what yous think about this, just so we can move forward or halt the idea or alter it in anyway…..

All comments/ideas are welcome

it’s also been discussed that instead of picking prizes all the time, throwing in Amazon gift cards so you can get an item of your choice when you win ?

as I say all comments/ideas are very welcome

Mark

It's a good idea Mark......a bit of fun.... and helps the forum....... and those who join in and buy their numbers have the chance to win the prize.
Something to look forward to when the winning number is ready to draw.

How's about asking members for ideas regarding the prizes......up to a nominated cost?.....to be arranged by you.

5 ideas?........choose from the ideas by also drawing a number to choose what gets raffled from the list?

I'll start shall I? :) :thumbsup:

Number 1 Outdoor watch

Number 2

Number 3

Number 4

Number 5

Last edited:
😶 Nothing much to add except that I think the raffle is a good idea that just needs a couple more people to get behind it. I'm not a huge fan of dealing directly with Amazon myself though...I'd rather have a prize and not have vouchers.

+1. Amazon is a necessary evil IMO, but only when necessary. so yeah, prizes sound better to me.
not sure what you guys are thinking of for price ranges for those prizes but here are a few random ideas in no particular order, mostly things i'd love to win but can't justify buying myself (yet, TBH):

Firebox Titanium
NapSack Hammocks Tarp with Zip Closure Doors
Haven Hammock Tent
Jon Mac Bushcraft Auger Set
Rab SilPoncho
Snugpak Ionosphere
custom knife from one of our favourite makers
Sea To Summit X-series camp kitchenware (silicon, collapsible)
Sea to Summit Field Repair Buckles
... (this could go on for days :D )

As much as I do like a raffle and I've entered one, the other stuff is either duplicating stuff or not wanted so can't justify the cost 2cents

I don’t mind the idea at all , I’m happy to have a punt for some items , less inclined with others if I already have or don’t need , I will partake depending on what the prize is and support the Forum when I can .

I do think that for some items there is going to be an over reliance on a core group of people … to make the raffle work that core group will have to partake in every raffle whether they want / need the item at all …

I’d prefer smaller useful items to supplement my existing gear but that will impact on number of tickets / required participants etc …

A voucher might be a good idea but for more specific companies where I could use to get stuff on my wish list ….,

The more the support the better and bigger the prizes can be …. Could also be that the winner can pick the prize when won. From a certain company …This may have to be given permission to go ahead with ,, but very possible 😁

The more the support the better and bigger the prizes can be …. Could also be that the winner can pick the prize when won. From a certain company …This may have to be given permission to go ahead with ,, but very possible 😁
Alpkit
Decathalon
Valley and peak
Ultralight outdoorgear
Backpacking light
Base camp food

Back