• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Aukey 28w solar charger

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
Morning people new member here have posted an intro on relevant board. Will be testing this charger over the next few weeks in varying weather conditions to give it a good field test as such, early indications are that it is an excellent piece of kit, very well made, sturdy does not feel "cheap" in any way have used it a few times and gives a good kick of power. Also, am keen crop grower and have got this year's crop in full swing have posted on relevant board also.

Attachments

• P1200081.JPG
    P1200081.JPG
    548.3 KB · Views: 207
  • P1200082.JPG
    P1200082.JPG
    553.4 KB · Views: 218
  • P1200084.JPG
    P1200084.JPG
    643.4 KB · Views: 211
  • P1200085.JPG
    P1200085.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 200
  • P1200086.JPG
    P1200086.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 211
Hi Med.

That looks like a useful bit of kit mate :thumbsup:
It actually looks like a reasonably sized unit that will deliver the goods......and not struggle.
Be interested to hear your thoughts after the trials:thumbsup:

I am also interested in your experience with that piece.

Some time ago I got a 3W/12V as a present and frankly spoken I'd be better off not owning that at all haha. Let me know how far you will get with the 28W. :)

Got there in the end!!!!. After quite a bit of use I have decided to give the charger a very decent 9 out 0f 10, very sturdy and does delivery on the outputs, you do have to make sure that it is line with the sun as best as possible or will lose power quickly check position every 15 mins and as with all solar's gotta have good weather if it's pouring down, well you can see how that ends. But as a whole would defo recommend!!!

I did also notice that even with a slight cloud passing in front of the sun causing a shadow on the charger power output drops quick so I do advise not to charge devices directly as the power fluctuations may damage the battery and if it's a £100 camera not so good so I would have a few powerbanks charged and use those as they give a steady output.

After watching a few youtube videos I can verify that the charging cable is very important, I have a small action camera much like a gopro and I use the cable that came with it to charge, this camera only needs 600ma to charge so that cable can only provide such, so using it on the solar charger will prevent obtaining full power.

worth a watch, I did buy a USB flow meter to measure outputs but this will explain better.

Bought an anker powerbank and used that cable and it gave me an output of just over 2amps direct from the solar charger on a decent weather day

Used the cable supplied with the camera and barely got half an amp.

With the charger and all my powerbanks, my power requirements are sorted!!!!!! nothing takes up too much room and not overly heavy.

Great review and info along with a well thought out video, not all cables are equal :)

Back