• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Scotland Aviemore or bust (january 2022 17th-21st )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Site Owner
Staff member
As the title says we plan on returning to Aviemore in mid January 2022 :)

the plan is to drive up over night on the 16th to arrive at Camping in Aviemore, the heart of the Scottish highlands

i have booked a complete section of the park called

The Camping Quarry – Is serviced with 2 electric points and drinking water.

The Quarry is an enclosed bowl, surrounded by trees. It’s a great space for very large tents or for groups camping together in several tents, It’s very popular with scouts, schools and expedition parties too. :thumbsup:

ive paid a retainer for the Area mentioned above so the forum members have no need to book :)

all you need to do is turn up go to the office and pay for your nights stay at £8 per night :thumbsup:

stating you are with the party staying in the camping Quarry :)

if you fancy playing in the snow post up an interest :cool:

**** NEEDLESS TO SAY COVID PRECAUTIONS WILL NEED TO ADHERED TO AT ALL TIME INC MASK,S AND HAND SANITISOR *******

Last edited:
I'm definitely keen, will need to see if I can talk Smurf into it or get the choo choo up. Doesn't look that far from the metropolis itself so can go 'light' for a couple nights to say hello if Smurf is out (probable).

I spy a fire pit.

dalraddy-holiday-park.jpg

Attachments

• dalraddy-holiday-park.jpg
    dalraddy-holiday-park.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 17
Will confirm the situation with fires tomorrow but they already confirmed wood burning stoves OK provided not on the ground.... So I would assume raised fires shouldn't be an issue
Might be worth coordinating this stuff nearer the time and what our options are. I'm sure between us we can tick all the boxes.

Looks perfect just need a few tents with logburning stoves going in the picture

Plus a good 6 inches of snow..........fingers crossed :D

@Matt.....wonder if they sell logs on site Matt.....or if they have a contact we could use for delivery to site we can order from when we get there.

Everybody......... chip in and share the costs for the communal fire pit.

Individuals place orders for personal fire pits if they want to use them.

Would maybe work out a lot cheaper than buying from Tescos....garages etc.......as we know.....they aint cheap in such places :)

Might be worth an Email or call mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back