• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Scotland Aviemore or bust (january 2022 17th-21st )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinny worry πŸ‘πŸ» Me and the lads are on our way to the Scotish parliament the noo for a wee chat πŸ˜‰

Attachments

• 66F48CC8-28C0-475E-8009-00C2E6549435.gif
    66F48CC8-28C0-475E-8009-00C2E6549435.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 117
I just had to have a look :rofl:

Aye as paul says things are going to get tougher,its frustrating as most of us can see the mountains from various points in Glasgow,I am fortunate enough to live near a forest and can hide away undetected ...have been hanging off putting my name down for this event as I am still recovering from alcohol related campfire earache from Paul and andyπŸ˜‹....but the closer it gets the more likely stricter rules are on the horizon πŸ˜’

Aye as paul says things are going to get tougher,its frustrating as most of us can see the mountains from various points in Glasgow,I am fortunate enough to live near a forest and can hide away undetected ...have been hanging off putting my name down for this event as I am still recovering from alcohol related campfire earache from Paul and andyπŸ˜‹....but the closer it gets the more likely stricter rules are on the horizon πŸ˜’
unfortunately we have no control on what the powers that be decide is best for us (right or wrong) all we can do is wait it out ... We (England) have another covid review before the departure date and the Scottish Government have a review of the tier 4 restrictions on the 16th (when tier 4 total lock down is ment to end and revert back to regional tiers ) Its looking very un likely that ANY of us could use the camp site that has been booked as they are not taking guests from tier 3 areas :( (so after the next british covid review i will be asking for a refund from our booking )

IF and its a big if we in the southwest stay in tier 3 and the Scottish government go back to regional tiers and Aviemore is in tier 3 or lower then it will be back to a wild camping spot we have used before :thumbsup:

All of this is hypothetical as unfortunately none of us can see into the future .........

So for the time being i will get my kit packed and the landrover prepped ready for the trip north with every thing crossed we have a bit of luck :thumbsup:

Yeah, its a thorn in the sack, the whole 'non essential' stuff puts the kibosh in going out. I was hoping to get out to Devilla with the Iron Wall and stove for a play but we're also trying to do what we're telt.... the sooner the vaccine is getting shoved in arms the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back