• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Scotland Aviemore or bust (january 2022 17th-21st )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well, see what Boris has to say tonight, alternative plans ?

The Dalraddy Holiday Park Team
Property total:​
GBP
Camping Pitch with Electricity
Arrival date:Mon 17 Jan 2022 at 14:00
Departure date:Sat 22 Jan 2022 (5 nights) by 11:00
Guests:Adults: 3
no`
Due to Scotland's Trace & Protect please give a telephone contact.
Total outstanding:​
GBP
Grand total:​
GBP
Payment summary
Deposit:Paid
GBP
120.00​
Balance:Paid
GBP
0.00​
Paid:24 Nov 2020 Payment Form Payment {c8188735-5e2a-94f5-5d16-0b6bdfb0b425} Visa Debit / Delta
GBP
120.00​

Last edited:
Hello 👋🏻 lol

serious question 🙋‍♂️

how much gear do yous lads take (there is method to my madness in asking this )

is in minimum or the kitchen sink??

I made a reference list that I work to mark......its on the door in my kit room.
Subject to variables and changes.

Might give you an idea for a list of your own ......what is missing is clothing...boots.....hot water bottle etc for the colder months.

Also be aware this is camping out the back of the car......not hiking.

20210804_195920.jpg

:rofl:........Yes......quite a list isn't it....but........ for Scotland in the winter? :rofl: 🤔

A few of us travel 100s of miles and are away from home for 5 days/nights at a time......no corner shop or camping shop to nip down too in times of trouble and need ( Mostly ) :)

In the Winter months with the possibility.....and hope of snow........ and being out for longer periods.......comfort and safety are essential.....and will mean more kit on some outings.
Being in some pretty remote places there is always the chance of getting caught out by storms or snow.........torrential rain.......better to stack the odds in your favour.
Thats when you appreciate being as prepared and comfortable as possible........and having a pile of kit to hand that you are fairly confident will keep you dry and warm.....fed and watered.....safe and protected.

We are talking about "Wild Camping" from a vehicle and at a base camp.........not taking part in an out and out survival exercise with a bare minimum of safe kit (been there and done that on a few occasions )

Age and fitness.....carrying old and ongoing injuries.....the effects of medication on the body also come into play and need thinking about and preparing for.

Any list you make can be "cherry picked" to suit the conditions and season's........length of stay and venue.......just because it is on the list.....does not mean you have to pack it all for every trip.

I truly believe that you owe it to yourself.... and your buddies....... to be suitably kitted out and not a potential liability.

"Need to get some new Tyers on the double axel trailer" 🤭:D

Last edited:
One crucial bit of kit I forgot to add was my wide necked Pee bottle......"Wide necked"!!!!!???:eek:........oh the laughter echos around the woods :D.....sadly not because Im a big boy.......but rather to stop me pissing over my fingers and sleeping bag :whistle:
No need to leave the shelter for a pee in the dead of night :D

Just a thought guys.

Wondering how close we can get with the vehicles to our base camp/ pitch 🤔
If we are lucky enough to get a good covering of snow....we may need to pack the kit on a sledge and pull it in :D

.......OHH GAAAAVIN.......we need you :sneaky::rofl:

Last edited:
Just a thought guys.

Wondering how close we can get with the vehicles to our base camp/ pitch 🤔
If we are lucky enough to get a good covering of snow....we may need to pack the kit on a sledge and pull it in :D

.......OHH GAAAAVIN.......we need you :sneaky::rofl:
fingers crossed mate :) if its anything like this year we should be knee deep :thumbsup:

:rofl:........Yes......quite a list isn't it....but........ for Scotland in the winter? :rofl: 🤔

A few of us travel 100s of miles and are away from home for 5 days/nights at a time......no corner shop or camping shop to nip down too in times of trouble and need ( Mostly ) :)

In the Winter months with the possibility.....and hope of snow........ and being out for longer periods.......comfort and safety are essential.....and will mean more kit on some outings.
Being in some pretty remote places there is always the chance of getting caught out by storms or snow.........torrential rain.......better to stack the odds in your favour.
Thats when you appreciate being as prepared and comfortable as possible........and having a pile of kit to hand that you are fairly confident will keep you dry and warm.....fed and watered.....safe and protected.

We are talking about "Wild Camping" from a vehicle and at a base camp.........not taking part in an out and out survival exercise with a bare minimum of safe kit (been there and done that on a few occasions )

Age and fitness.....carrying old and ongoing injuries.....the effects of medication on the body also come into play and need thinking about and preparing for.

Any list you make can be "cherry picked" to suit the conditions and season's........length of stay and venue.......just because it is on the list.....does not mean you have to pack it all for every trip.

I truly believe that you owe it to yourself.... and your buddies....... to be suitably kitted out and not a potential liability.

"Need to get some new Tyers on the double axel trailer" 🤭:D
Well said, that man! It puts me in mind of the Boy Scout's motto - Be prepared!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back