• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Scotland Aviemore or bust (january 2022 17th-21st )

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I’ve done since I’ve got home is search for hot tents 😂

Might have found one , the luxe megahorn xl
Do you have a link to a UK seller as I thought the ones with the stove jack were only available in the US ?

And a word of warning, check the specs as the Megahorn 2 that I got with jack wasn't heatproof, you needed a stand off pipe.

😂 to be honest their really nice 👍🏻 if you haven’t, then you should lol
I got one at the chip shop in Bigger on the way through to Edinburgh many years ago, I advise caution ⚠️ It’s important to let it cool down a little or it’ll take the skin off the roof of your mouth.

Do you have a link to a UK seller as I thought the ones with the stove jack were only available in the US ?

And a word of warning, check the specs as the Megahorn 2 that I got with jack wasn't heatproof, you needed a stand off pipe.
Not something that you’d want to Google with the safe search off

20170125_112230.jpg

This was the result, not good when you're in minus 23 lol

Thanks for the warning Al 👍🏻 Much appreciated mate …. I will look more into that , so far the reviews on the tube haven’t suggested any problems with the stove jack so further investigation is needed after seeing your picture 👎

Can’t find a uk seller 👎 but the main website does ship to the uk , tho I need to check how much they charge and if there’s an extra charge when entering the uk , got stung with that recently and sent the item back lol..

Thanks for the warning Al 👍🏻 Much appreciated mate …. I will look more into that , so far the reviews on the tube haven’t suggested any problems with the stove jack so further investigation is needed after seeing your picture 👎

Can’t find a uk seller 👎 but the main website does ship to the uk , tho I need to check how much they charge and if there’s an extra charge when entering the uk , got stung with that recently and sent the item back lol..
I think in this case it’s import duty of 2.5 up to 26%+20%vat on top of the the whole amount. The duty varies depending on what it is, where you’re buying it from (or is it a gift) and what price band it falls into….
For instance, I bought a pair of sling swivels from China for £5 which is below the import duty threshold but I still had to pay an additional 20% vat which added up to £6 in total.
If in doubt check with the seller before buying.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back