• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Axe of the day

Bam, I also have more than my fair share of chainsaws...:rofl::rofl:

I've no need of a chainsaw, my needs are pretty basic, I do stockpile wood for the chiminea/fire pit at the house, I collect it and process it so use a bow saw and axe (and splitter) to process it. To be fair to the Aldi axe, I've given it some abuse and its great, for the purists the edge is probably gash but hey ho. When I'm away I take a kukri and cheap Lidl folding saw for my wood prep, its been fine for my needs, that would change if (and when) I get a woodburner. :)

I wouldn't call myself a purist or obsessional about axes but with 5 wood burners spread around the place as well as family demanding firewood I have to process an awful lot of wood.
In the end the axes are just like the rest of my possessions, just temporary...

Since I've been a very good boy I've decided to spend some brownie points, an Elwell one and a half pound hatchet and a replacement two and three quarter pound forest axe. The helve is a little longer than my last one but it's too good to replace just yet.
image.jpeg

Looks like I need to up my game on the axes, 2 hatchets and 1 axe, all from Aldi so I'm a bit of a council house kid on the axe front. šŸ˜§

They've been fine for me although I confess, my needs are pretty basic.
I have to admit to one small forest hatchet, one little blacksmith forged hatchet with no Mark on it and one 2lb head that needs a new haft but then I'm normal, not a lot tart

I have to admit to one small forest hatchet, one little blacksmith forged hatchet with no Mark on it and one 2lb head that needs a new haft but then I'm normal, not a lot tart

We've all got our wee foibles, stoves and rucksacks are a bit of a weakness of mine but I'm a bit of a hoarder by inclination. I daresay I'll feel the urgent need to get a Gucci axe at some point. šŸ¤­

Back