• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Axe storage?

Rich123

Slightly Talkative
Where do most people store their axes when not in use? My garage is a little damp, so hanging on the wall is not really an option. But a decent box might be, any thoughts guys please? I've eight in the collection now, up to double bit size with 30'' handles.

Thanks all.

Richard.

I own a Fiskars hatchet and store it in the Winter equipment ruck sack which stands under the stairs in a heated area.

I have a small summer and a large winter ruck sack, and they are always ready to go.
Living in totally secure areas I do not believe in the necessity of having a "bug out bag" but I find, that it is the best to be always ready to start instead of shortening a week end by surching for my stuff.

The Axe stands next to the door, but hidden inside the heated space.
There I get it easily if I need it, without running in dirty boots around in the house.

An axe can be used as a weapon and should be stored hidden at the right side of the house door in my opinion. And here the right side means INSIDE.

No rust, no fear, no problems.

3 in 1 oil on a paper towel and coat your axe heads about once a month or there abouts and they should be fine to hang up in the garage mate đź‘Ť give the shafts a coat of boiled linseed also.

Reactions: Bam
During the winter months I spray my blades including my fold up saw with one cal which is a type of spray on cooking oil

.?...my axes don't get stored, I prevent the handles from drying out by standing them in linseed oil once in a while but otherwise they live outside. Blade wax on the metal, linseed on the woodwork, nothing else.

Back